Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QWCTF Steam group ready to become active!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QWCTF Steam group ready to become active!

Steam Community :: Group :: Quakeworld Threewave Capture the Flag

Quakeworld CTF Steam group is gearing up to start regular events. Here is an update:

1) Our group currently has 24 members now, which is a pretty good size to start regular events

2) Steam, with its built-in Instant Messanger and Event Scheduler, makes it easy to organize and coordinate events

3) QWCTF Steam group plans on using the following QWCTF server for events:

Quakeworld.us KTX Texas

67.19.93.114:27500

Any current members or interested members that have or are willing to put together our own server please PM me.

However, for the moment, the above server is the best all-around as it is centrally located in the USA, which provides good pings for both east coast and west coast players.

I realize there are players from other countries, but this is a US based Steam group. Still, if you are willing to deal with the pings, you are definitely welcome join in on the events.

4) For now, events will be on Saturdays, but members are welcome to leave input on which days are best for them.

5) The events are "just for fun." These are not tourney style events, but to simply enjoy pub QWCTF games as they were back in the late 90s. Thus, everyone is welcome to join the group and server for stress-free fun.

6) If you are interested in tourney play, this might become an option later.

Check the Steam group for specific event time (which thanks to Steam will automatically be set for your local time zone [another good reason for Steam use]).

If you have any questions, PM me or reply here in this thread with your questions.

Nice I'm sure you've noticed how active our 3wave community has been for NQ, I've always wanted to get everybody together. Unfortunate we never merged Do any of you play NQ 3wave?
    uakene.com

Comment

Steam and QW , two things I've avoided like the plague for many years.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
        Nice I'm sure you've noticed how active our 3wave community has been for NQ, I've always wanted to get everybody together. Unfortunate we never merged Do any of you play NQ 3wave?
        Yes, I noticed. But I can't stand NQ for multiplayer, and our group is Quakeworld only.

Back when QW was new, I was working at an internet cafe. One of my friends told me to just try QW as I was always using NQ.

After trying QW, I never went back to NQ again.

Comment

I cant stand QW either. I've never liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Souless View Post
            I cant stand QW either. I've never liked it.
            Aye aye Captain.

Comment

Modern QuakeWorld clients such as ezQuake and ZQuake do feel a lot better than the old fuhQuake or QuakeWorld 2.30. The most annoying thing in QW for me was how everthing that moved was not fluid. Opponents jittered around as nades bobbled erratically. Though, from time to time, i'll install a version of ezQuake just to see whats new. And actually version 2.1 with /rate 30000 feels pretty fluid. ZQuake v0.17 by the way WILL connect to netQuake servers! DarkPlaces & FTE cannot be forgotten either as both support QW/NQ! Besides all the cross compatibility, the fact that the hook pulls at 1000(quake units) per frame, playing at a QW ticrate of 0.0138 allows for an initial bunny hop > 900qu, and strafing physics increases this speed beyond comprehension! This basically boils down to, players can bunny hop faster than the missile airspeed.
              I'll check it out as I like Quake1CTF and also have STEAM and QW installed.

EDIT: Actually 67.19.93.114:27500 is pretty nice! It's running KTX (Kombat Teams eXtreme) Mod. The hook speed seems to be set at 800x800 which really tames the aspect of ctf bunny hopping, to feel like netquake ctf. I will definitely have to keep my eye on this server for active players. We could even run a nq vs qw scrimmage.

But if any of your QW buddies ping less than 50 to that server you should try yayotex.quakeone.com or crctf.clanhdz.com as those also are in texas. They would ping the same there.
              Last edited by R00k; 03-15-2011, 03:47 AM.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                But if any of your QW buddies ping less than 50 to that server you should try yayotex.quakeone.com or crctf.clanhdz.com as those also are in texas. They would ping the same there.

yayotexas.quakeone.com =)
                Rambo[RuM]
                I support:
                Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                Qrack - Thank You r00k
                Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Working...
                X