Capture The Flag! Beginners Night !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture The Flag! Beginners Night !!!

How many people are interested in getting into the quake mod...
    Capture The Flag ??

I'm suggesting a Learning CTF night that Regular CTF players can take on the task of devoting 1 night to "Going Easy" and "Showing the Ropes" to would-be-CTF quake players.

I would love to hear some feed back on this, as I have been nagging the wife about learning to play CTF for awhile now, and it would be nice if some of the better CTF players would assist in creating a "CTF Game" atmosphere that is also forgiving and allows players to experience the various positions in CTf, like flag runner,base defense, knowing when you see your team mate carrying a flag, and they are fighting a enemy, don't run away from those guys, go help the team mate! I'm suggesting Red Alert, WarZone, and ALL maps that offer SYMETRY, because that key factor will make it easier with , "Okay we have a side, and THEY have a side. They are the same type of bases on each side" approach of showing CTF to new comers.

Players willing to help teach CTF basics
    1. Grape.MindzX : availible at many times/days. Post a message if other Players who are offering help time frames don't work with your schedule!
    2. Rampage
    3. Frenzy
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 03-29-2011, 10:48 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I guess I could try to CTF if enough players would agree to this.....
    Last edited by gothiccandy; 03-29-2011, 05:47 AM.

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Mark, CTF is really fun. I've got the FLAG MARK, FOK !!!!!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I am more than willing to help out.

Infact, some nights, (and you can ask some players), if the game is lopsided, I'll allow caps/frags against me to keep the game close so the newer players don't ragequit.

I'd love a Beginners Night! And yes, there's quite a bit to learn, but in essence, it's not that much!

I'll gladly teach any new ctf'er how to be a devastating problem to the other team without even GETTING AN RL! It's all about being in the right place at the right time. For instance, if somebody is timing Quad, know when it spawns, and if you have no weapon, who cares, "suicide bomb" it (fly at it the second you know it's respawning) weather you die or not, you'll stop the enemy from having Quad!

Etc etc, Nice Mindz, +rep for this
        uakene.com

Comment

Well that makes for 2 volunteers for a Beginners night. Just keep in mind I have no idea what should be focused on first most, which in CTF if I had to guess, being able to HOOK properly. I know the wife is accustom to using +Hook and not "impulse 22", and I know that many CTF'rs might curse me but it would be a GREAT idea to allow "RESTRICTED" +hook to be used, where while your using +hook you CANT shoot, this would enable a belly/easy hook, but also retain the level playing field of Morning Star vs BellyHook.

RuneQuake uses +hook, so that could enable RQ'rs to try playing CTF with little to know change in what they are used to....!

Comment

I'd be willing to help out, I don't have time for the tournament with a lot of work on my hands currently.. but I'll gladly help people to learn how to hook and other tidbits of the game

Comment

Well if you want to offer CTF advice/tips,post what days and times those willing to help new comers, and everyone who's interested can view the various CTF players and when they are availible.

Comment

Call me Professer Show You How to Rape.

Comment

What server is this happening on? Ill play on the other one haha. JK its a good idea, but i've gone the opposite route of getting raped and bitching about it for many many years. I personally think that works better getting blown out of the water by bosh or vis everyday rather then someone being kind and allowing frags to even scores. Thats me I guess, seems alot more shmack/ca'rs would like the gentle touch.
                  Rambo[RuM]
                  I support:
                  Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                  Qrack - Thank You r00k
                  Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                  Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

I've only played the cax mod . I wasn't even into that type of game when they came out, I've only been playing quakeone online (starting real slowly around 6 months ago, and then getting more into it) within the last 4 or 5 months. I know not all players learn the same way, or find things out in the same way. You know street smarts to book smarts ............ Any way for you that seems to have worked, but who knows how many of those "book smart types" are out there who might really need this.

Mindz, whole hope with this was to try to help sway me into another part that I don't know, and yes, me personally I'd prefer to have at least a small understanding of what I need to be doing before I get there ( I'd hate to think that I was holding up a game, more out of respect for the other players). And just maybe since there are so few females, and the sheer need of some new blood too, all the revamping, updating, and new perks is a start, but sometimes you do draw more flies with honey than with vinager. lol You know what I mean....

Comment

haha i got you, chris aka mindz is good ppl in my book, i was more less screwing around with my post making fun of myself at 1 point and then how others learn, just for a laugh.
                      Rambo[RuM]
                      I support:
                      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                      Qrack - Thank You r00k
                      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

No , I wasn't trying to dismiss your way of learning, It works for some. I just know how sometimes a new player can be so easily be scared out of playing( not me, lol I'll just try harder next time) Lack of confidence can really fok with some people.
                        Most of the time when spawn and get blown up to turn around to spawn and get blown up again,they tend to be a little reluctant to come back. It's not that any one is being mean, it's just the mannerism of the game. I guess I just kinda wanted to pay it forward too, a lot of players have helped me,fix things here, tweet things here, help as I've been helped....

Comment

I can teach basics, but, even some basics i'm not well with haha.

Eitherway, i know the super-jump/grapple and the bunnyhops that make these bastards that hook so well so well, i just am not 100% with it on all maps.

I think sadly elder and Red alert are the two maps i can hook somewhat decently the rest i just suck and am slow at hooking at.

Anyho, i could show these concepts, and some of the simpler ones... like pay attention to who has flag, and if unsure there is that flagstats you can bind to a key, to see if your flag is in enemy hands or in ur base... etc.

Shrugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                            I'd be willing to help out, I don't have time for the tournament with a lot of work on my hands currently.. but I'll gladly help people to learn how to hook and other tidbits of the game
                            In no sort of attack, I don't understand how you have time for that and not time for 40-60 minutes of a 3wave tournament you previously committed to and have a team that wants to play?

This tournament's almost over lets just finish it :/
                            uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                              In no sort of attack, I don't understand how you have time for that and not time for 40-60 minutes of a 3wave tournament you previously committed to and have a team that wants to play?

This tournament's almost over lets just finish it :/
                              The hours are flexible if I have to teach someone when I have free time.. just like others who have had to skip out on tourney matches.. things come up for me on Sunday nights, particularly since I own a business

Comment

Working...
                              X