2011 ctf tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 ctf tourney

By popular demand, it is now time to sign up for the 3wave ctf tournament!! Same rules as before - teams of 3 that will be paired up as best as possible to make the teams fair. Post here or send me a priv msg to sign up.

1. mono
    2. bluntz
    3. lun
    4. rook
    5. smok
    6. vis
    7. lerster
    8. cd
    9. rambo
    10. muller
    11. mindz
    12. aaa
    13. br1
    14. br2
    15 br 3
    16. frenzy
    17. rampage

We have enough for 4 teams of 3. Lets play saturday. double elim!!
    Last edited by Frenzy; 07-17-2011, 04:30 PM.
    Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Oh yea we got this...
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

suppose so. Just hope i don't work on the days that it is. Tho considering how long i had to wait when i was on time b4... i doubt it'll be an issue.

Guess i'll try.

Comment

in, obv.

Comment

I'll play.

Mono, btw the autostats should output to the console.logs if you need I can tally stats like kills, quads, damage etc. Shouldnt be hard to do since we arent playing 100 games with 100s of players.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

It depends on the times....I'm ok with Saturday night around 9:00-10:00.. it should probably be double elimination or something along those lines instead of ongoing records - after all this is a tourney not a league.

I'm tired of people not showing up and then we end up facing a team we weren't supposed to face and so forth.. only reliable people that play consistently.. I stopped playing half way through the last one due to the fact I just mentioned.. so no more guys like PZ.. Bosh etc.. only people that we're a 100% sure will show up to a match and only those types of people should sign up for this.

Comment

Im in. Cannot do last week of July, I'll be gone.

Also noticed it said send you a private msg so ill do that too.

Also I vote to unban Frenzy, he'll probably play...
              Rambo[RuM]
              I support:
              Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
              Qrack - Thank You r00k
              Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Why was banning occuring?
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Here is what I propsoe for teams:

rampage, monoz, mindz
                  VIS, smokey,lerster
                  CD, rambo, bluntz
                  Muller, rook, lun

Comment

I refuse to team with Rampage. For reasons of not showing up a tthe last tournament. I havent signed up, this is futile. We're not enough players to support 3's easily. two people not showing up makes you only have two teams.

Use 2v2 format and I'll stick to Normal mode CTF. Classic CTF for the win !
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mono, FYI - myself, R00k, and I think one or two others (I forget who) noticed the other night when we had a few games that the new Zero server is kinda laggy. Pings are fine, but with 40 ping, 60 ping, the server just doesn't feel very smooth. I assume matches will be played on this server, since Rambo's route to HDz turned to crap, and we all must accommodate Rambo since he has the most heart for CTF.

Right, Bo?

Btw, starting this thing tomorrow may be a little premature, imo.

We should start getting an email list going. Take a hint from the DM hackers. It worked well for them in the beginning.

Relying on a forum thread, especially with short notice, is kind of dicey.

Comment

post only been up a few days, give ppl a week to sign then see where it stands. i ping lower at zero than any server and seems pretty smooth for me...but i use directQ which is smooth as a crowbar's bottom

Comment

Mindz, when I first saw the teams my first thought was I love Mono but I don't want to team up with the other fodder. However it's not up to me, so I will play with whoever is given. Maybe you'll understand when you're 150 points ahead of your teammates and still losing the game.. but that has nothing to do with why I stopped playing..I will always battle even if we're down by a lot.. I listed my reasons in an earlier post and I'm not going to repeat it. As we've experienced in the past, you have some reading comprehension problems.

Comment

we can wait a bit for a few more sign ups, but 4 teams of 3 would be pretty fun for quick tourney. All of the players listed are reliable as well, so we do not have to worry about that.

I tried to make the teams as fair as possible based on who has told me they would play. Any other suggestions, I am all ears.

Im sure we can play games on hdz as well if suitable for everyone.

Comment

Ill play.

Comment

Working...
                              X