nQuake / ezQuake CTF Bots? (Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nQuake / ezQuake CTF Bots? (Linux)

I'm fairly tech savvy and have been trying hard for the last 2 days to find a CTFBot that works with the latest version(s) of nQuake/ezQuake for Linux (Ubuntu).

Has anyone accomplished this, or can point me in the right direction?

Right now nQuake has bots out of the box, but they're all deathmatch bots.

The trouble with coding bots for CTF is to make them use the hook properly.
    DM bots just migrate from one "waypoint" to another, scanning for targets along the way. And thats pretty much the logic of them in a nutshell. Though, for a ctf bot to use the hook it would require two sets of waypoints one for where to go, the other for where to hook. And then all the aspects of airstrafing, bunny hopping, offense, defense, RTF, and anything else for CTF is just too much (or missing), for current AI.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Ahh.. I see! Thanks for the information!

Comment

Not familiar with those Linux distros, but I have messed with the original ctfbot code for years....and still am.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
          Not familiar with those Linux distros, but I have messed with the original ctfbot code for years....and still am.
          Does it work with ezQuake? (which is QuakeWorld for both Windows and Mac and Linux)

Comment

Not familiar with the coding architecture for QW. I know ctfbot 0399 used some copy and pastes of QC code from QW for some of its stuff, so there must be similarities. Ill check and repost here.

Originally posted by mfarley View Post
            Does it work with ezQuake? (which is QuakeWorld for both Windows and Mac and Linux)

Comment

Yea, I think it can be done. You would have to decompile qwprogs.dat (I had to name it progs.dat) and copy and paste the missing QC files to the current structure and scan all the other ctfbot files for missing routines and include them to existing files. Debugging would be very time consuming. Might be a good idea to study the ctfbot source yourself for a while, play with it locally etc. If you are unsure you can ask me questions as I know pretty well the ctfbot code structure. Im not a big fan of QW , so Im not too much interested in porting it over.

Comment

Cobalt why is it that you don't 3wave with us?
                uakene.com

Comment

Yea , kinda sorta.

Too much hook flying and bunny hopping stuff , with the quake guy never tiring - after a while to me starts to look like a cartoon show that I have seen many times before.

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                  Cobalt why is it that you don't 3wave with us?

Comment

Speed Racer?
                    Ya CTF is a fast paced mod via access from the hook. The bunny hop just sustains the speed in between each hook.

I'm not 100% but I think you MAY be able to use FTE as a server and allow QW clients to connect. Therefore you can host a QW server for ezQuake clients but use existing ctfbot mod.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                    X