Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hating

Hating , plz.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

ok can do!
    i hate this thread
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hating was a Quake CTF server (once upon a time, a very popular one).
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

oh, lol

i just thought mindz was just joking around
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

No,im sorely missing "CTF on the go", where you would connect, automatically be tossed on to a team,and you'd play til you've had your fill.

I was pretty sure Cobalt had this setup (in the form of CTF Bot server) where I could connect and get 1 CTF opponent, and then the next player would go on the human team and another CTF bot would be spawned.

IDK, but I'm ready for "New Quake Servers" that abolish 20 minute quake. I think the word abolish sums up my discontentness with 20 minute Quake.....or 10minute quake,or 5minute Quake.

Shmack
          Trinicom
          Hating
          Widomaker

all servers that facilitated "connect and play", and all during their time of being up = BUSY.
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Now these servers shut down because of inactivity correct? I was in retirement during the period alot of servers closed.. fill me in on why quake in itself has slowed. Was it due to server closings or did people just fall off the cliff?

Comment

yes, I completely agree. We need more hats.
              Some Game Thing

Comment

Widomaker = Shut down due to people DDoS'ing the server, the "free server" was forced to be shutdown because of this.

Trinicom = was 'THE LAST CTF REFUGE' , and it Died before Quakeone.com existed.

Tons of Q1 communitys that was server-based exclusives ,like all the above mentioned servers, mostly just randomly fell off the face of the earth for whatever reasons,and because there was no obvious place to regroup, most just discontinued to play Q1.

It was a wasteland pre Quakeone.com almost it seemed, having seen worse than present-day Quake's status quo I'm not worried.

We're recieving a influx of players lately,which is all good in the hood

Comment

go to quake.crctf.com

type normal

TADA!!!

I could prolly make it weapons stay too (since this was usualy the case for webmaster, mtown, etc..)
                  Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

^^What he said.

Bottom line is back then people who played 24/7 were people who just got out of school, or just got off work. The 13 to 29 yr old crowd. Today, there are 10,000 other games out there that have their attention.

RuneQuake is the last of that breed.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I regularly go CTF in normal mode at ctf.clanhdz.com ..... I know about the mode, I just can't convince this fn crowd of purported CTF players to actually PLAY IT.

Like the fact DM supports maps beyond DM3 and ZTNDM3 but you don't see Edge being played or other maps with value in TDM.

Comment

rename the Quake to - The Abandoned Base.
                        I hate when almost every game i play is on dm3.
                        I hate how mindz can fly like a ice princess at mound.
                        and i hate it when im the only one on quake early in the morning :/
                        I also hate having a butthole.
                        "

Comment

i can agree with the dm3 thing. however i havent played a map that i enjoy more than dm3. the closest would probably be HIPdm1.
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Perochi View Post
                            rename the Quake to - The Abandoned Base.
                            I hate when almost every game i play is on dm3.
                            I hate how mindz can fly like a ice princess at mound.
                            and i hate it when im the only one on quake early in the morning :/
                            I also hate having a butthole.
                            lolol

I normally play online in the morning but damn its too early still,felt like I only got to count 4 or 5 sheep.

Comment

This thread needs some cool background music.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRJzErnRmY]The Offspring - Cool to Hate - YouTube[/ame]
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X