Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

1. Is it possible for a CTF game to end in a tie?

2. Is it possible for a player to "score" an own goal in CTF?
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Overtime occurs , no you can't score for the other team nor can you pickup your own flag in CTF. touching your flag either does nothing (at base) or you return it AUTOMATICALLY by you touching it anywhere on map.

ps : ready for some pick-up CTF?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

well it could be a tie in classic mod... in that mod it ends at 150 total frags. It is possible for someone with 135 points and someone with 140 points to tie if the 135 point player captures the flag

real ctf..meaning match mod - cannot end in a tie.
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

how about this rook.....

instead of a 5 minute over time.. lets do it hockey style shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by monoz View Post
          well it could be a tie in classic mod... in that mod it ends at 150 total frags. It is possible for someone with 135 points and someone with 140 points to tie if the 135 point player captures the flag

real ctf..meaning match mod - cannot end in a tie.
          ha LIKE THAT SCENARIO WOULD EVER OCCUR. I'm still waiting-4-hating.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I could host a classic mode only mod (or better yet - CTS) -but would be people play?

Comment

Well bruh I can't promise you they will play but I can promise you that 90% of my quake time is obtained through atleast 5minutes or more idle time.

If the current CTF players would accept it, then you'd see more "connect and play" occuring. CTF could build a following through such actions,but as it is when someone is TDM or CTF its 20minute PUKE.

Comment

Overtime is a cfg setting so if disabled u could end in a tie
                Cts mod I made acts very much like hating but with scrags instead flags
                Old school use no custom models so flags were keys and the hook chain was the vore spike
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Yes I Remember Keys and ID1 maps all day long ~ winning.

Comment

Working...
                  X