Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody REALLY play Quake Multiplayer anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody REALLY play Quake Multiplayer anymore?

I was going through the Q1 server lists and was disappointed again to find more servers than people playing. Very rarely do I find servers with people going at it like in the 90's.

I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place or something, but this really made me wonder if anyone's actually playing Quake anymore. If not, I don't think it'd be because it's "retro", because people are playing games like Half-Life and Unreal all the time. It just seems like Quake's become lost in time, if you know what I mean.

Now, granted the community's definitely alive. Hell, just looking at this website alone, you can tell that people still care about the game and are keeping it alive and well, it just feels so empty when I'm looking at that empty server list.

I guess I just want to get totally annihilated by better players like the good old days, when it was all about LAN parties and online matches. Now everyone's playing Quake Live.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

dmtx.quakeone.com

everynight oldschool l33t players to spank your toad muffin.

now you might have to idle and observe for a couple days before they let you play but... hey u cant just walk on an NFL field either..

edit: YES there needs to be a NEW FFA server that has free beer but until then, thats your only choice.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Playing right now. Toad muffin is raw.

Comment

Invite more players who like their Toad Muffins abused. We'd appreciate it!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Oh, I've found me some fresh toad muffins. Ready for total annihilation.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
            Oh, I've found me some fresh toad muffins. Ready for total annihilation.
            Toad muffins?

quake.shmack.net nightly 5pm-9pm EST

Comment

Toad muffins?
              He hasn't had his toad muffin smacked before.

Comment

we do and we have a dedicated server to play deathmatch boards on, if you would like to join in let me know deathmaster...

EARP

Comment

I've been there. And let me tell you, with a full server, toad muffins get raw as hell.

Comment

you have been where deathmaster?

Comment

Hey the dmtx server doesn't show up in my list of servers on darkplaces...something I'm missing here? I wanna get in on the action.
                      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Any australian servers with people playing?

Comment

I play it.

Comment

I count 13 players, across 369 live servers (38 nq, 331 qw), with about 100 proxies/qizmos/qtvs, and about 130 servers/proxies not responding (which seems like a lot to me, but hey).

there used to be more.
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

Unfortunately not much people play quake anymore if you are lucky you can find 1 4 players in the darkplaces servers!

Comment

Working...
                              X