quake.CRMOD.com update requests , April 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake.CRMOD.com update requests , April 2016

I'm making this post in two difference places, and anyone / everyone is welcome to make suggestions / requests, but all I ask is keep these types of questions in mind....

Code:
    Q:Would my request be well received?
    Q:How will my request impact the current TeamDeathMatch scene?
    Q:How difficult will my request be to implement?
    Some things I have witnessed people have been asking for are....

NEWMAPS

ULTRAV has been requested! This map can be found on DMTX currently, but not on CRMOD!
    ZTNDM3Q , CRMOD already has ZTNDM3 , but this version with slight tweaks is also requested! We would want to keep the current version, and add the other version.

Reminders for self :

Newb mode/training mode? built in suggestions based on current status and spawn location? Essentially A to Z for the newcomer/returning Quaker.
    eg:If player spawns at Yellow Armor, they are explained the most viable choice is to run to Quad damage. Spawning Yellow Armor and going after Pentagram might piss off team mates, and give enemy team first Quad for free,ETC.

Built in timers? Removal of client-based / scripted timers unbalancing the game. Much how rune-use tells you what rune you have and how to use it centerprint of screen, everytime a powerup is picked up by YOU or YOUR TEAM, entire team gets on-screen timer for that powerup, be it Quad,Ring or Pent,possibly for weapons and armors too?

4 Rune mode? A way to attract RuneQuake "Free For All" Quakers into Team oriented gameplay, dashes of Haste/Strength/Resist/Regen?

NEWMAPS that don't even exist yet, aimed at improving the status quo. What is the status quo?

2v2 games are played on ZTNDM3 & ULTRAV , exclusively.
    3v3 & 4v4 games are only played on DM3 , with no wiggle room for 5v5 or larger.

DM3 YAAAAAAAAAAY, etc, etc, /YAWNFEST. DM3 would be the inspiration, but the end-goal would be lightyears ahead of what DM3 has available to offer.

?8v8, k thx?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd RAGEQUIT! -_- I have other ideas but for now, fuck this post.. lol
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-26-2016, 02:47 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

lool no dont fuck it!
    crmod.com needs sv_cullentities First. or else its just up to player honesty
    there are 1000s of good maps but dm is limted to popular vote somwe get 4 maps :/ i think imho we should change the stupid normal nailgun as it is
    auite useless! and add a super lg like id was planning on. maybe a burst plasma cannon instead
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

double post:
      i thought it would be cool to have a map so u could have multiple games going on at one time on one map like a 2on 2 etc to add up to 16 total players but im not talking about multiple areas but like just dm3 and have the sever cull players and items based on each match. if your in match 1 then u cant see match2 players then everyone can run around overlapping multiple games on one server
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        lool no dont fuck it!
        crmod.com needs sv_cullentities First. or else its just up to player honesty
        there are 1000s of good maps but dm is limted to popular vote somwe get 4 maps :/ i think imho we should change the stupid normal nailgun as it is
        auite useless! and add a super lg like id was planning on. maybe a burst plasma cannon instead
        @r00k
        I am 100% sure CRMOD has a working Quad/Pent glow fix in-tact, I aggravated Zop over and over about it and he got us hooked up!

On the front page CRMOD displays the image so I think that part is golden.

About Nailgun, YES that gun is probably the weakest and most worthless damn weapon in the game. If given the option between SG and NG, I'll happily take SG. SSG and NG? Same shit, I'll happily take the SSG.

Originally posted by @Mark/Mom/303
        Add 150dm3 to the list for 4-4 5-5 6-6 7-7 8-8.

FUN/MAP/150dm3.bsp
        FUN/LOC/150dm3.loc
        @ https://drive.google.com/folderview?...VU&usp=sharing
        , I received your Private Messages, 150dm3 was attempted, no one wants to play it for games larger than 4v4.....

It has been played less in TeamDeathMatch than Q1EDGE and I've played at least 3 games of TDM on Q1EDGE,and its on DMTX right now! 3v3 and maybe 4v4, but I've definitely played TDM on Q1EDGE, and the change of map was fantastic as fuck!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Actually, my attempts to make a 100% working fix were not fruitful, and thus Slot simply added the normal method R00k and others designed. But yes, the powerup glow should be visible now on crmod.

I haven't looked into the exact details, but I know crmod, the mod, isn't an open-source mod, and thus it cannot be changed... except for the changes the crmod designers allowed, such as changing the list of custom maps. So, to make changes, one must recode the entire mod or make a disassembler for the progs.dat. Hypersonic seems to have made a half-working one, when I brought up this topic last year (decompiling every progs), but changing a mod in quakec assembly doesn't sound too fun.

Comment

Working...
          X