CRMOD Stats, 1st iteration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRMOD Stats, 1st iteration

Well fellas, it's time for the initial public release of the crmod stats website. Currently, it has quite a bit of information, though not nearly as much as it will have in the future. I figured I would go ahead and release this site as there has been much talk about the goings on with stat tracking and I'd like for the community to be able to see their initial progress.

Every single stat that is generated from CRMOD is inserted into a database and held indefinitely. There are some stats that are not currently listed on the site, so don't worry if you do not see it - it's there. One prime examle is pak stats. I have yet to put up individual pak drops in the top ten lists and so on.

I will be working with certain members of the dm community to improve the stat listings and comparisons so if there's a stat or comparison or ranking that is not currently there, it probably will be in the future. Anyone who has ever looked into sports statistics will know that analyzing statistics can be never ending, but this is not a bad thing. All it really means is that we (as a community) can make this project as massive as we want, analyzing every bit of minutia to the finest grain detail - which is a good thing! One thing to note is that this is *not* limited to Deathmatch only. A similar solution could be accomplished for any of the quake mods, should one be so inclined to do so.

I'd also like to mention that there are a couple of related projects that are taking place as we speak (by certain members of the dm community) that will greatly enhance the overall quake statistical experience. I'm very much looking forward to it. More on that in the future.

**NOTE**
    The whole system is playername based. If you want your stats to be accumulated over time, make certain that you use the exact same name each time. You can use colored names if you want - it's all converted to text. You can also use spaces if you'd like, though spaces are stripped out of names when inserted into the DB. For example: "player" is "player" in the database. "Player 3" is "Player3" in the database. So, as long as you use the exact same name with the exact same spaces (if applicable), your stats will always be assigned to you. Should you have a terrible game, you can always make a bind that changes your name before the match is over so that your stats aren't tallied under your real alias. If you value your real performance statistics, you probably won't do this, but I understand the motive to do so. It's a gray area - decide for yourself.

Therefore, it becomes all the more important that players do not abuse this - Do *not* play a match under another player's name. In this way, others can manipulate the statistics. As everyone knows, I rarely if ever ban people. Getting caught playing under another player's known alias and getting caught will result in hefty ban. I probably don't even have to say that, as this community is very tight-knit, but be forewarned. This community is AWESOME and we all have to trust one another.

For those of you wondering, there is no real effective way to track a player in quake. IP addresses can change and there is no account login for quake. Hopefully this can be addressed in the future.

Lastly, I hope you all get a kick out of the stat tracking - I've undertaken larger databasing projects, but none nearly as fun! Quake 4 life, bizatch!

QuakeTX | Deathmatch Statistics

This is awesome! I'm assuming this works off the quake log file on the actual quake server, correct? Could this work for CA servers as well?

It would be helpful to see what map was being played in the match grid

good work

Comment

Also, in Server Stats/Basic - Daily Total shows the value "monthavg". Forgot a var?

Comment

Efess. There is a python script that monitors the log, parses it, then inserts the stats. Thanks for the missing var tip. I'll take care of that =) And yeah, this can work for any mod that produces statistical output.

Comment

Perhaps it would be better to separate the stats based upon match type (1v1, 4v4, etc). I would rather know my stats for 1v1 rather than the team games. My reasons for this vary.

Most of my games have not been recorded even while playing on your servers because of the constant "RQ'ing" (rage quitting). I am polite enough to play the whole match regardless of the circumstances, unless something like connection problems or real-life issues get in the way during a match.

Also, were you ever logging stats for dm1 (server #2)?

Comment

sschm, I was thinking of this very thing just yesterday. I will probably separate 1v1's and teamstats in the individual section pretty soon.

And yeah, the dm1 server is logging stats, except for the first day it was up.

Comment

Working...
            X