Ideas for Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for Deathmatch

I have some ideas for the mods of deathmatch. These ideas are far from perfect. These ideas might work well in theory but I don't know how well they would work in practice. I made this thread for the sake of creativity. If these ideas have already been taken, please scratch them off. I will go back to the drawing board and I will think of some new ideas.

My Ideas:

1. Deathmatch Racing: You choose one vehicle from a list of varieties (cars, trucks, all-terrain vehicles, etc.) The weapons and the power-ups are scattered throughout the race course. If you get fragged, you will respawn at the place where the fragging occurred. Like many racing games, the object of the game is to be the first person to complete a certain number of laps. But watch out, you will have to dodge many rockets.

2. Ocean Challenge: This game is played between two players. You are locked in a cage; you have a limited supply of oxygen. The cage has been submerged under water. Not only is the cage surrounded by water, the cage is also surrounded by some hungry sharks. Your opponent has received the same treatment. These are your objectives: (1) Escape the cage, (2) Frag your opponent, (3) Defend yourself against the sharks, and (4) Get out of the water. The first person who completes all of those objectives will win the game.

3. Boxing Deathmatch: The rules of this game are pretty similar to the rules of regular boxing. You and your opponent will fight in a boxing ring. But this time, you don't have a pair of boxing gloves. You have two axes; your opponent has two axes as well.

4. Hockey Deathmatch: This game resembles ice hockey in many ways. Chances are there won't be any penalties or power-plays because it's a no-holds-bared, anything goes type of game. A rocket launcher has been mounted to your hockey stick. So instead of body-checking your opponents, you will blast them.

5. Rocking Deathmatch: You and many other players are on a rock-and-roll stage. You have unlimited ammo and an infinite number of health points. The object of the game is to push everyone else off the stage until you are the only one standing on the stage. You cannot push people with your bare hands, you need to push them by firing rockets and grenades at them. There is a very special twist to this game... From time to time, the music will be turned on and off. When the music is turned on, you can do anything you want. But when the music is turned off, you need to freeze. If you don't freeze, you will be disqualified from the game.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

For number 1, you might want to look into a mod called Slide.

Comment

I used to host a Slide server... Slide isn't very popular these days.
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X