• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock2ober 2014

Originally posted by News
    Submitted via PM for immediate release!

Calling ALL Quakeworld TF fans,

The LEGEND returns, the MONSTER is back, the BIGGEST Q1 TF game of the year is here! This is the seventh annual Rock2ober event, the annual get together where we attempt to fill a quakeworld server w 32 players like days of yore.The big question is, will we make 32 players again!? Can it be done in 2014? There's only one way to find out. So get ready for TF insanity, AGR style, at this years:

What: Rock2ober 2014! <- that's a link click on it!

Where: tastyspleen.net:26666

When: Saturday 25th October, 23:00 GMT/UTC. Convert this to your timezone here.

Who: YOU.

Why: Because you love Q1TF, and you want to experience a 32 player game, possibly for the last time!!

see you there!

OneManClan
    ps Here's some promos from years gone by: Rock2ober 2010, and the promo for Rock2ober 2011.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I watched his video on "Barriers to Entry" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2F5nAIRcU) (It's presented like a 15 minute podcast- no real video) He goes into differences and uniqueness of AGR. Keep in mind, he's mostly speaking to players already accustomed to AGR, but it's an interesting look on the inside. You can even extrapolate his Barriers into the general barriers for building a Quake player base... if anyone has that goal any more.

If you want a tl;dr version just about AGR, go to 0:45 and listen for at least a minute about his point of view on AGR; then, just after 10:45 he starts a good description of a newbie's first experience on connecting, which is about a minute long.

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
      I watched his video on "Barriers to Entry" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2F5nAIRcU) (It's presented like a 15 minute podcast- no real video) He goes into differences and uniqueness of AGR. Keep in mind, he's mostly speaking to players already accustomed to AGR, but it's an interesting look on the inside. You can even extrapolate his Barriers into the general barriers for building a Quake player base... if anyone has that goal any more.

If you want a tl;dr version just about AGR, go to 0:45 and listen for at least a minute about his point of view on AGR; then, just after 10:45 he starts a good description of a newbie's first experience on connecting, which is about a minute long.

Woops!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Aw man, I would've tried to be a part of this but I'll be out of town then. Have fun everyone!

Comment

I connected last night and recieved incorrect map version hah. I'll get this setup today.
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-23-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I contacted OMC to ask him to offer a practice starting at 6pm ET (10pm GMT) for those who are new to this mod.

For NetQuake player, this is pretty easy/fun since the feeling is almost the same and the bunnyhoping is nothing big in this mod (you need to buy special stuff to really benefit from it).

You don't need to know so many different commands but still you need 2-3-4 basic ones.

When the real game will start at 7pm ET (11pm GMT) OMC will not be available to help at all... he's going to be powning.

OMC insists to use FTE GL QW... easy instructions are available at PLAY NOW!! AGRMania!.

After you installed the requiered files... do a test by connecting to:
            tastyspleen.net:26666

Comment

You're a vulture

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post
                I contacted OMC to ask him to offer a practice starting at 6pm ET (10pm GMT) for those who are new to this mod.
                When the real game will start at 7pm ET (11pm GMT) OMC will not be available to help at all... he's going to be powning.
                Hi all! Dunno about pwning, but I definitely will not be doing any tech support during the big game! I'd advise the new guys to follow the instructions (link below) and email me if there are any issues. I WILL be on the AGR server later today (that's Friday 24th October at 23:00 gmt/utc / 19:00 EST), to help ppl with any technical issues or questions.

OMC insists to use FTE GL QW... easy instructions are available at PLAY NOW!! AGRMania!.

After you installed the requiered files... do a test by connecting to:
                tastyspleen.net:26666
                Yea, and don't forget to register, so you have unlimited access to um.. everything!

Comment

Originally posted by onemanclan View Post
                  Hi all! Dunno about pwning, but I definitely will not be doing any tech support during the big game! I'd advise the new guys to follow the instructions (link below) and email me if there are any issues. I WILL be on the AGR server later today (that's Friday 24th October at 23:00 gmt/utc / 19:00 EST), to help ppl with any technical issues or questions.

Yea, and don't forget to register, so you have unlimited access to um.. everything!
                  23:00 (11:00 PM) GMT = 5:00 PM CST / 6:00 PM EST

That look right? Monty that look good for us americans? haha

Comment

would have been nice if all my stuff was setup and ready to roll. waiting on my desk,pc still gah..

Comment

Dang I totally forgot about this. Did anyone attend??

Comment

It was a blast! Loved the custom intermissions!

Comment

Rock2ober 2014: The Aftermath

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldOo-f4WCaQ]Rock2ober 2014 review - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

My mistake for gassing in one round as spy the other time.
                            I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                            But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

So... here I am, workin' on the promo for Rock2ober 2015, and I just realised .. it's 2 weeks away!!! , and ... I don't know how often players check out quakeone.com, so never the mind the fancy shmancy promos, lets get the word out NOW - ASAP!!:

What: Rock2ober 2015!!

Where: tastyspleen.net:26666

When: Saturday 24th October, 23:00 GMT/UTC. Convert this to your timezone here.

More info at the Rock2ober 2015 page. Yea, it's an edit of last years one, but hey, I liked the wording, and the most important thing is to get the word out asap!!

Looking forward to seeing (at least some of) you there!!

ps, you guys DO realize we play AGR TF every Sat and Sunday 23:00 GMT?!? Here's more info.

Comment

Working...
                              X