1 month ago: [QUAD] LAN Party 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 month ago: [QUAD] LAN Party 7

Some pics from our latest LAN Party: two days of pure old school fragging in the consuete [QUAD] funky style. As ever it was good to meet clanmates from anywhere in Italy, playing side by side and literally rolling on the floor laughing time to time. Even if we all are getting quite old, it's damn fun each time.
    Big thanks goes to Zizu for hosting the event, to Yanosh for providing a new server machine after the final failure of the former one, to Biagio, Morpheus and Kikko for all food needs (and drinks too!) and obviously to Hiroshi for talking for almost all the time in the highway. That was great. Next one will be our 15th anniversary event: Pol, this is a call!

Latest QView server list

Man I miss LAN Quake so much. The LANs I've been to lately just play modern games like sc2, lol, payday 2, etc. Maybe I'll push for Quake next time

Comment

Very nice lan guys !!!
      It must have been so much fun
      I also see someone is wearing the FFA4 euroquake T-shirt

Originally posted by Arkon View Post
      Next one will be our 15th anniversary event: Pol, this is a call!
      Yes I should really join this next event , wow the 15th anniversary .
      I will do everything I can to be there that's a promise
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

I use to hold lan's on a regular basis. I held one when I was 16 at my parent's business and had 90 people show up. I had a confirmed 73 people so my dad got enough table's and chairs (rented) to cover 80 people. Good thing the rental place had 2 more table's and 17 more chair's because we needed them. My lan's would begin on friday at 5:00pm and run 24 hours a day until sunday at 5:00pm. I think I held about 12-13 total. Avg attendance was 40-50 persons.

Comment

I would imagine big LAN games can be fun I have a picture for this thread I'm going to post later today.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I dunno, with today's fiber networks you can get close to LAN speed 600 miles away. Just toss in VOIP and you gotta party!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              I dunno, with today's fiber networks you can get close to LAN speed 600 miles away. Just toss in VOIP and you gotta party!
              Fiber is not everywhere yet.

I just moved and my connection got worse. Same provider same speeds 20 miles from my other house. Got spikes like crazy and a shit ton of PL. If comcast cant fix it guess my gaming days are over for quake.

Comment

Would trying to get a lan party going be a bad idea? I would think the Atlanta, GA area would be a great location if enough showed. Not just for quake but other games as well. Im 8 hours away and would gladly make the trip if its worth it.

Comment

I was digging around the house and found a couple more 3Com superstack's.
                  Got the hardware but lack the wiring for LAN
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    I was digging around the house and found a couple more 3Com superstack's.
                    Got the hardware but lack the wiring for LAN
                    I have 2 netgear 10/100 48 port switches. 96 connections total.. i also have 4 netgear 24 10/100 switches. Just gotta rub the dust off of them and give the ports a good cleaning with a can of air and test each port to make sure these 90s models still work and should be good to go. Also we could just do wireless over lan which wouldnt be to much latency issues.

Comment

We got both wired and wireless players during last LAN Party. Once the servers was up and ips, as well as gateway masks were configured, all partecipants were able to connect to online servers. Finally, by updating the dns of the (now disabled) [QUAD] servers we managed to allow players away from the LAN to connect to our servers and play. Pings (ADSL connection, Italian users from about 500 km - north and south - distance and different providers) were around 50/70 ms. Cable users, as well as users having the same ADSL provider pinged 30/50. We felt much more latency while playing all together on Euroquake (well, not that surprise: 10 people same connection...).

Damn sorry for the fact that Atlanta is more or less from the other side of the world, it would be nice to join a big Quake LAN Party. Have fun!

Latest QView server list

Comment

Nice to see people in this day and age still making an effort for a face 2 face LAN party. Most we had back in the day NY was 4 of us but still a blast.

Comment

Italian players?

Originally posted by Arkon View Post
                          We got both wired and wireless players during last LAN Party. Once the servers was up and ips, as well as gateway masks were configured, all partecipants were able to connect to online servers. Finally, by updating the dns of the (now disabled) [QUAD] servers we managed to allow players away from the LAN to connect to our servers and play. Pings (ADSL connection, Italian users from about 500 km - north and south - distance and different providers) were around 50/70 ms. Cable users, as well as users having the same ADSL provider pinged 30/50. We felt much more latency while playing all together on Euroquake (well, not that surprise: 10 people same connection...).

Damn sorry for the fact that Atlanta is more or less from the other side of the world, it would be nice to join a big Quake LAN Party. Have fun!
                          How many Italian quake players are there?
                          Lets invite them to the QW clan arena tournament ! We need an italian team

Comment

Working...
                          X