X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFA Tournament... maybe?

Hi all,
    There is a rumour being discussed in hushed whispers between a number of players in the dark, damp, shadowy recesses of Quake where Knights and even ogres fear to tread, no not Sir Henry's bedroom , that there might just be another FFA tournament in the pipeline. Given the success of the previous ones I'm just wondering if I could assist/persuade/cajole/bribe/blackmail a couple of nice people to organise it, who would be interested in playing?

Just for info, normally FFA tournaments consist of 4 x 15-20 minutes rounds on custom maps which are chosen by experienced players and are played on 2 seperate servers (based on either side of the Atlantic to make it as fair as we can ping wise so everyone gets a chance at being an LPB). The frags from each round of carnage are tallied and the player with the most frags is the overall winner. They are usually scheduled for a Friday or Saturday evening (in Europe) to try and make it as accessible as possible for everyone. The idea is it's just a hour or so of good old friendly Quake fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously

Perhaps if you a get minute and fancy joining another Fun tourney please pop a quick reply below so I can judge the level of support from the community and try to get something started.

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

I'd be interested.

I'd also be interested in discussing which custom maps might get played. For the curious, I've been rebuilding my old quake 1 DM map site into a a google database. You can check that out here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Hi Mez,

You're the first

Normally the admins/players who are skilled in matches and FFA select the maps as they have a better appreciation of match play and what works / what doesn't. However, the number of players in the tournament can also be a determining factor in map selection. Perhaps take a look at the previous updates on the Bigfoot Quake site or the sign up sheet for the FFA10 tourney (the last FFA tourney) in case it gives a little more info.

I like the idea of a Map database. I did start a map listing over on Wordpress but it was soooo slow to use and didn't allow any sort of coding or database functionality to improve things for the person viewing the page. Good luck with it sir

Kind regards

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

In case it'll be held, I'll be in.

I've checked the maps which has already been played in older editions and got this chart (well kind of):

baldm7 FFA1RQ
        cleaver FFA1 FFA8 FFA1RQ FFA10
        croctear FFA2 FFA8
        dazdm12 FFA4
        deceit FFA6
        dm2 FFA1 FFA2
        dm6 FFA2
        dm7 FFA4
        dokkur FFA9
        domus FFA6
        dranzdm6 FFA7
        dranzdm7 FFA4
        dranzdm8 FFA2
        e1m1 FFA5
        e1m2 FFA1 FFA2 FFA5
        e1m3 FFA5
        e1m4 FFA5
        e1m5 FFA5
        e1m6 FFA5
        e1m7 FFA5
        e4m3 FFA9
        fij1 FFA6
        follie FFA6
        gmdm1 FFA3 FFA8
        kikdm3 FFA8 FFA10
        mk FFA6
        nindm2 FFA3
        omdm1 FFA1 FFA4
        paingiver FFA4
        q1edge FFA7 FFA9
        q1shw2 FFA7 FFA10
        q3dm6qw FFA3 FFA7 FFA9 FFA10
        ramses2 FFA7
        safe FFA1RQ
        sanity FFA1RQ
        trimp FFA3
        ultrav FFA1
        ukcldm2 FFA3

gendm1 FFA1RQ (buggy-removed)

Probably due to the dimension of the maps no ztn has been played since now, that could be a good alternative. But maybe time has come for some serious e1m8!

Latest QView server list

Comment

I would be interested in another FFA Tourney!
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thanks for responding guys. That's 3
            I'm sure Polarite would probably join in, and possibly Peg too. I wonder if I could put some bait down to tempt Peg on to the server. Maybe a nice large cake ?

I imagine 8-12 players, hopefully fairly balanced across both sides of the pond, would be ideal

Kind regards

Monty
            Mr.Burns

Comment

Monty we should put our heads together again and set it up !
              That would be FFA11 Fun Tournament , wow number 11 already

Peg loves cake I'm sure

Ps : Btw, I will fix all the links on the Euroquake site on monday. (bigfoot/damage/newyork,ffany and maybe set a mirror on the flanders box too)
              My servers for the gamers:
              bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
              port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
              Offline ATM
              fvf.servequake.com
              flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
              Offline ATM
              newdm.servequake.com
              port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
              sigpic

Comment

Bula's...
                I'm in if your in need of a player, tried to sign up but link not working?
                EzJacK

Comment

I'm ready to BAKE FN QAKES fellas.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I would be interested, problem is windows 10 has my laptop unusable at this time and I dont have time to fix it while on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                      I would be interested, problem is windows 10 has my laptop unusable at this time and I dont have time to fix it while on the road.
                      Probably plenty of time to address the issue brah =)

Comment

The more the merrier

I'll firm up some details with Polarite. I was thinking of [hopefully] giving people enough time to find a space in their calendars and suggest we arrange it for the end of October, so that should give WL plenty of time to get his PC sorted.

Kind regards

Monty
                        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-28-2015, 08:04 AM.
                        Mr.Burns

Comment

I'm in!!!

Comment

im always up for another round of FFA

and just like last time i could record all matches with my HD online setup

would have to check though if my online setup is up-to-date,
                            i think its a bit behind on my on my regular HD SP setup
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I would like to play the mother of all deathmatch modes
                              – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
                              – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Working...
                              X