This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Burns
    started a topic FFA Tournament... maybe?

FFA Tournament... maybe?

Hi all,
    There is a rumour being discussed in hushed whispers between a number of players in the dark, damp, shadowy recesses of Quake where Knights and even ogres fear to tread, no not Sir Henry's bedroom , that there might just be another FFA tournament in the pipeline. Given the success of the previous ones I'm just wondering if I could assist/persuade/cajole/bribe/blackmail a couple of nice people to organise it, who would be interested in playing?

Just for info, normally FFA tournaments consist of 4 x 15-20 minutes rounds on custom maps which are chosen by experienced players and are played on 2 seperate servers (based on either side of the Atlantic to make it as fair as we can ping wise so everyone gets a chance at being an LPB). The frags from each round of carnage are tallied and the player with the most frags is the overall winner. They are usually scheduled for a Friday or Saturday evening (in Europe) to try and make it as accessible as possible for everyone. The idea is it's just a hour or so of good old friendly Quake fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously

Perhaps if you a get minute and fancy joining another Fun tourney please pop a quick reply below so I can judge the level of support from the community and try to get something started.

Kind regards

Monty

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    The good news is that this is event is now scheduled and there is now an official announcement here - http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post161681 . So thank you to ALL that responded as it really helps us judge interest in these events and gives us a little encouragement to keep them going
    As this thread has served it's purpose (of making the community aware of a forthcoming event), Mindz/Sole/Someone if you wouldn't mind now closing this "heads up" thread I would be grateful.

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• wicked_lord
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
    The more the merrier

I'll firm up some details with Polarite. I was thinking of [hopefully] giving people enough time to find a space in their calendars and suggest we arrange it for the end of October, so that should give WL plenty of time to get his PC sorted.

Kind regards

Monty
    Thanks for looking out for me. I will be home October 26th til November 2nd. Anytime in that window would bw awesome and hopefully I can get my laptop fixed and ready to go by then.

Leave a comment:

• wicked_lord
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    Probably plenty of time to address the issue brah =)
    I spent 15 hours solid on it at home trying to get it fixed. I even booted windows 8 and after the bootup it installed windows 10 automatically again. I cant get past the startup screen. All my files are gone and only last option is to do a complete reformat which I waa trying to avoid.

I have no time on the road. My wife and I both drive as a team so where do i have time? Try and use a laptop in a bouncy truck driving across this country. Good luck.

Also I haul federal loads now as an armored driver so I leave my laptop home since everything is searchable while on government property, I have nothing to hide but it lessons the time being searched if they wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    You, Sole and Talisa will be more than welcome ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Moon[Drunk]
    replied
    I would like to play the mother of all deathmatch modes

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    im always up for another round of FFA

and just like last time i could record all matches with my HD online setup

would have to check though if my online setup is up-to-date,
    i think its a bit behind on my on my regular HD SP setup

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    I'm in!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    The more the merrier

I'll firm up some details with Polarite. I was thinking of [hopefully] giving people enough time to find a space in their calendars and suggest we arrange it for the end of October, so that should give WL plenty of time to get his PC sorted.

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-28-2015, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
    I would be interested, problem is windows 10 has my laptop unusable at this time and I dont have time to fix it while on the road.
    Probably plenty of time to address the issue brah =)

Leave a comment:

• wicked_lord
    replied
    I would be interested, problem is windows 10 has my laptop unusable at this time and I dont have time to fix it while on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I'm ready to BAKE FN QAKES fellas.

Leave a comment:

• EzJacK
    replied
    Bula's...
    I'm in if your in need of a player, tried to sign up but link not working?
    EzJacK

Leave a comment:

• Polarite
    replied
    Monty we should put our heads together again and set it up !
    That would be FFA11 Fun Tournament , wow number 11 already

Peg loves cake I'm sure

Ps : Btw, I will fix all the links on the Euroquake site on monday. (bigfoot/damage/newyork,ffany and maybe set a mirror on the flanders box too)

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Thanks for responding guys. That's 3
    I'm sure Polarite would probably join in, and possibly Peg too. I wonder if I could put some bait down to tempt Peg on to the server. Maybe a nice large cake ?

I imagine 8-12 players, hopefully fairly balanced across both sides of the pond, would be ideal

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X