TU vs SNS: Last Rumble '06???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TU vs SNS: Last Rumble '06???

Hey guys, do you think we can squeeze one last tourney in before the end of the year?

I propose on Friday the 29th we have one last 4v4 on QUAKE.CRMOD.COM:26001, different server but at the same time as last time 8PM PST which is 8pm on the West Coast here in Oregon.

I would also like to play a best of 5 series. In other words, first team to lose 3, instead of 2 is done.

Let me know if this is agreeable to everyone participating in both clans and get back to me on it.
    Last edited by Fuzznut; 12-22-2006, 09:36 PM.
    'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
    someone to hear your prayers
    someone who cares
    your own... personal... Shambie
    someone whos there

I'd like to do another and fit in everyone regardless of experience. Maybe figure out a way to rotate players in/out to create fair matchups.

Remember that quake.crmod.com:26001 is CA+ style splash damage which favors the lightning gun. (Just so no one is unaware of the difference.)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I may want to finish this year off on Rage since the CR one is different. And then for the new year and the new tourneys maybe go 2 tourneys @Rage and then next 2 tourneys at Quake.CR. I dunno. New year new stuff. Really considering just finishing off the year of tourneys on Rage. Give time for everyone to get use to the other server also for those who haven't had a chance to yet.

Clan TU

someone who cares
      someone whos there

Comment

yes. Rage, because for some dumb reason, i cannot connect to cheat-free CRMOD. i suspect it has something to do with my autoexec.cfg file, but i dunno....im not a cheater, i know that much

Comment

Yeah we'll see. Probably go with Rage for the last tourney of the year.I don't ping any differently on either server.

Clan TU

someone who cares
          someone whos there

Comment

@DK.

You may be thinking of Chi, which I can't connect to either, but have no trouble connecting to the Quake.CRMOD.com. Have you tried it?

@Baker

Frenzy says its the same mod, and when I went on the server the mod appeared to be the same as Rage's.

Clan TU

someone who cares
            someone whos there

Comment

Crmod is cheat-free right? If so, I can't play.

I think we should have a tourney on a runequake server. They always beat us on their own playing field, its time we beat them on our playing field. Would be more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzznut View Post
                @Baker

Frenzy says its the same mod, and when I went on the server the mod appeared to be the same as Rage's.
                This underscores my assertion that one line of text printing "Low Splash Damage On" when someone connects is not sufficient enough of a notice that a major server rule change is in effect.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

@DK.

You may be thinking of Chi, which I can't connect to either, but have no trouble connecting to the Quake.CRMOD.com. Have you tried it?
                  cheat-free is cheat-free man. yes, ive tried it. any cheat-free server i tried to connect to shuts down my Quake client, putting me right back at my desktop.

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  I think we should have a tourney on a runequake server. They always beat us on their own playing field, its time we beat them on our playing field. Would be more interesting.

this was an idea that SNS was toying around with after the last match. I agree, its a good idea. we can easily turn Shmack 26002 into a duplication of Shmack 26000 through the voting system. since people rarely play there, its an ideal spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                    since people rarely play there, its an ideal spot.
                    rarely? I see that server filled with 2+ players atleast once everyday. Yes the crmod server is cheatfree. Monster just has to switch from DP to PQ

Sounds like a grand idea Fuzznut. Can't make it though. Skiing

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      This underscores my assertion that one line of text printing "Low Splash Damage On" when someone connects is not sufficient enough of a notice that a major server rule change is in effect.
                      I see what you mean. I didn't notice that at first.

Clan TU

someone who cares
                      someone whos there

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                        Sounds like a grand idea Fuzznut. Can't make it though. Skiing
                        Uh huh. You just keep on ducking me Snips.

Clan TU

someone who cares
                        someone whos there

Comment

In consideration of the connection problems people are having and the splash damage change with CRMOD we'll just finish this year of tourneys on Rage.Quakeone.com:26001

That way we all have time to work out with everyone what's going on with the CRMOD server.
                          Last edited by Fuzznut; 12-23-2006, 09:37 PM.

Clan TU

someone who cares
                          someone whos there

Comment

Uh huh. You just keep on ducking me Snips.
                            cough RA cough

Comment

quake.crmod.com:26001 is NOT a cheat-free server.

26000 is. 26001 is not. The server command determines if that setting it is in effect; I just connected to quake.crmod.com:26001 with JoeQuake so it certainly isn't in cheat-free mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X