Slugnut Vs. Omicron (Rocket Arena)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slugnut Vs. Omicron (Rocket Arena)

Every once in a while an interesting rocket arena match up occurs and this is one of them.

Slugnut is almost unbeatable at RA (but I could see Tical or someone with sub 15 ping beating him on the basis of ping + shaft). One thing that makes him different than most of the players that own in Rocket Arena, is that he isn't a 20-40 pinger that relies on shaft. He uses primarily rockets and is very good with direct hits. I think if he had 20-30 ping, there would be no one who could beat him @ RA, period.

Omicron is very tough in rocket arena. Although he does have around 20 ping and uses shaft a lot, he is very consistent in a lot of different type of maps and shows a broad range of skill in rocket arena.

Two different styles of play and circumstances. Who will win? I wasn't sure.

The final score ended up being 15-5 with Slugnut winning.

The console log is a funny read, since everyone knows Omicron doesn't like to lose:

*removed*
    Omicron the prior round when me, Phenom, Mindz, Slugnut and Omicron were playing said Slugnut was playing gayly on ArenaX and when Slugnut and Omicron played without interference (1 on 1 style) on Yard1 he continued this.

I have no idea how you can play ArenaX g*yly (a flat map with nowhere to hide) or Yard1 g*yly please let me know.

But it is funny reading Omicron getting upset while Slugnut summarily dismantles him. A good read!
    Last edited by Solecord; 07-23-2013, 07:16 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I miss RA

I can't find anyone to play anymore!

Comment

I think I've beating slugnut a few times iirc. ive gotten close other times and sometimes he just kicks my ass. He is probably around the Tical-skill level. lol

Comment

Ive not rjed in peoples face before, but I have grenade jumped off their chests to reach the RA in dm6 before.

Bleh, I never liked the flat maps - Baker can beat me on them, so screw the flat arena maps - I like geometry to play with - hills20 (iirc) was fun.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

haha! I'd love to see a omicron vs vibe RA match :d Imagine the trash talking that would occur!!!
          "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

Probably crash the server

Comment

The best RA'er I've seen was Bosh back in the day. He wasn't necessarily the best overall, but in RA he had it down.

Comment

slugnut is SOOOO frustrating to play in RA, lol. but then he comes to my house, RQ, and i beat him, sometimes; ahahhhah

Comment

Originally posted by Deigo View Post
                  I miss RA

I can't find anyone to play anymore!
                  I'm not the best at RA but i like to play it.. If I'm around I'd play you...

Comment

Originally posted by Souless View Post
                    I'm not the best at RA but i like to play it.. If I'm around I'd play you...
                    Ditto, I jump on occasionally and try it, but I'm better working with a team than by myself. You might see me on there a little more now.

Comment

Yorb > Bosh RA
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Rocker > Omicron. been proven many times.. fuck omicron.

Comment

Omicron is g*y, he gets DDOS'd by some guy that lives in the mountains, lol
                          Last edited by Solecord; 07-23-2013, 07:17 PM.
                          e|------------------------0---------------
                          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                          A|---------------0------------------------
                          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

people like Omicron ruin Quake. i smoked his ass once in a RL fight while grappling around in Shmack, he went back to his usual tedium of calling me trash and not good. motherfucker didnt hit me once. not once.

seriously, just because you suck as life doesnt mean you need to ruin the experience for everyone else.

Comment

Hahaha TU beating me in quake. That's hilarious.

I have a lot of fans.

Anyways, I heard Ca X was made so TU could get frags in CA. True?

Comment

Working...
                              X