CA League...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA League...

Lately I was thinking about different ways of stimulating Q1 movement, generating more interest in existing teams (players), and ranking teams as well, which will put an end to the talks like “My team is better than yours, every time we play you need to run to the pharmacy before the game to get some lubricant because we rape you so hard.” What I have come up with is a CA league. I know it might sound like it will be impossible to create/maintain but let me explain to you how I (and few other people) think it should work and why I think it is very possible.

The basic idea comes from many sports. We get a number of teams (2 members each) and make them play each other giving 1 point for every win and 0 points for every loss. Any clan may have more than 1 team participating. However, all teams should inform admins of the league of their participation and members of the team. Members of any team may not be changed during any 1 league. Substitutes will be allowed, but names of the substitutes should be provided with team’s info. No substitute may be such for more than 1 team. No member of any team (that includes substitutes) may be a member of any other team.

I think it is very possible, considering that this idea gets approved by NQ community, to get 8+ teams 1st season. Here are the teams I think about right away that might be interested in this: KP 1-2 teams, SNS 1-2 teams, TU ? teams, EXL 1 teams, IOV 1-2 teams, QJ 1-2 teams (most likely 2), DOOM 1-2 teams, Bizarro 1-2 teams (I am sorry if I forgot any other active clans). So even if all of those clans will provide 1 team that will give us 8 already, which is a good number of teams. Of course some clans might not provide any, but then again, some will have 2 playing. In addition to all of that there might be some clanless players or players from different clans getting together and forming 2-man teams for participation. We do get 5-6 teams playing tournaments that Frenzy and Mind host every so often, and most of the time those r decided on the same day. So with prior announcements I think this is very achievable.

So, after registering all those teams there would be created a schedule of games for all of them. However, I do understand that sometimes it is very difficult, if not impossible, to schedule a match between 2 teams. That is why I think it will be a smart idea to give a time frame to play a match rather than a certain time. A timeframe of 1 week should suffice in my opinion (of course this can be changed like everything else here if people will think that another option is better). Team members will be asked to record demos to be provided if requested in case of problems. After the match both teams should submit final score. If 2 teams will provide different results demos will provide the evidence of the correct score.

As mentioned earlier, team will get 1 point for every win and 0 points for every loss. After all games were played rankings will be given to all participating teams based on the amount of points they have. In case of 2-way tie the result of the game between those 2 teams will be taken in consideration and the winner will be given a higher rank. In case of 3-way tie the team that won against other 2 will be given the highest rank out of 3, the other two will be judged based on the game between them. If all 3 teams won against 1 of other 2 and lost against the other the number of rounds won vs. number of rounds lost will be considered to make a decision.

Written is just an idea at this time with most of the basics down. Any suggestions, contributions, and opinions will be highly appreciated. I think that this idea is very realistic and possible to achieve if given enough support.

PS: I am sorry for any grammatical and punctuation mistakes I made. In my defense I am not a native speaker
    It's always a good day when you get laid...

Also, all league can be held on either 1 map (DM3 I assume) or there can be a list of, let's say, 5 maps (all of which need to be approved by administration of the league and are the same for all team for the duration of the league, diff. maps can be chosen for every league's season) 3 of which can be chosen for best of 3 or both teams can cross 2 maps and play best of 3 on the 1 left (or do it for every round of best of 3 to play diff. maps). For example: maps are DM3, DM3 again, Skull, Edge, Q3DM6. Team A chooses not to play on DM3, Team B - Skull, Team A - DM3Again, Team B - Edge. The match will be played on Q3DM6. The drawback is that it is a little more complex than just playing 1 map.

Comment

I like the idea but does it have to be CA? TDM would be nicer. Perhaps make each round in the playoffs a different map.

Comment

take that tdm shit to someone who cares,or is interested ;O

CA = yes
        DM = no
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I wouldn't mind playing TDM, even though I don't have any experience in it yet. However, it is much easier to organize CA movement than TDM. And the number of teams is greater as well.

Comment

Um as if c*s would play in either case.
            uakene.com

Comment

yeller seems to think that because I don't play at rage (where yeller always plays at), I don't play quake. cute

Comment

I think 1 of this days I might go and knock on every clan's door to ask which 1s r willing to participate in such event.

Comment

Back on topic, I think a CA league would be fun!! Gooo TAXI! WOOOOOO! YEAH!

Comment

Yes,you'll have more support/popularity in a League using CA as the mod vs CRMOD.

I'm willing to help organize such event as well.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hey mindz -- my PC died. Power went out when I was sleeping and it just went kaput. No response from HD, no response from CPU... Just letting you know in case anyone asks. See you around bro

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                        I wouldn't mind playing TDM, even though I don't have any experience in it yet. However, it is much easier to organize CA movement than TDM. And the number of teams is greater as well.
                        You're very meticulous and strategic in CA... a little DM experience and that would easily be your forte. I'm gone indefinitely, but trust me, try it, I think you'll like it.

Comment

I'd love to. When u'll come back maybe we can do a TDM game or something. GL with your comp.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                            I'd love to. When u'll come back maybe we can do a TDM game or something. GL with your comp.
                            I've no money for a new pc, probably won't happen at all; 18 credits next semester, 12 this summer (compressed schedule, could be construed as 24 since it's in half the time period). 6 years is probably the next time I'll buy a desktop pc, unless I get one for X-mas.

Comment

Now now Stung, it isn't logical to believe in Santa Clause. But leave those cookies out just in case, maybe a miracle will happen and a PC will arrive with a pretty bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X