QuakeWorld @ QuakeCon2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuakeWorld @ QuakeCon2007

QuakeWorld will be played in the Quad-Damage Tournament which contains all Quake games

This year brings a new twist to QuakeCon's classic 1 vs. 1 competition with the inaugural Quad Damage Tournament. Spanning all four QUAKE games, this year's champion will need to be a master of a variety of weapons, maps, and play-styles - from QUAKE’s lightening fast action and dominating rocket launcher, to the more strategic gameplay and precision weapons found in the later QUAKE games. 256 contestants will be divided into 4 man groups with each player battling the others in a set of round-robin 1 vs 1 matches. Two phases of round robin play will reduce the competition down to the top 32 players, who will then battle it out in a single-elimination, best of 3 bracket to determine who is truly the QUAKE Master.
    http://www.quakecon.org/

i know this isn't exactly the right place to post this, but since most forum members here are from NA: is anyone attending QuakeCon this year?
    one quake to rule them all.

I think it is very nice that Quakeworld will be at Quakecon. Maybe the age of turning a cold shoulder towards the original game are over?

Now -- considering the nature of that organization, are they going to be using qwcl230.exe or ezQuake? Just curious.

The reason I wonder is that most of these large gaming organizations -- as far as I can -- tend to think of the "official version" as the real game and anything else as not the real game.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

most likely they'll use EZQuake.
      details will be released soon

and for the last part: not really.

in eSports, the game out of the box is very rarely used for competitions. Quake3 has the OSP & CPMA mods, Quake4 has Q4Max..

while EZQuake isn't really just a mod, it doesn't alter the original gameplay mechanics which are serverside.. just adds features found in most of the mods mentioned earlier for other games

we shall see what maps & rules will be selected
      one quake to rule them all.

Comment

Heh, I had read somewhere on quakeworld.nu about how some game organizer somewhere decided to include QW and it was going to be qwcl230 or something out of touch like that (or maybe it was just certain settings that weren't allow to be changed -- I can't remember).

Well, I figure a gaming organization will have to find legitimate copies of Quake to load on those machines so the id software website store and eBay will probably actually sell some copies of Quake for once

/That's a joke, of course. :d Just having a bit of fun on how poorly id Software makes Quake available for legitimate purchase
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've said it before, and I will say it again - QuakeCon has what the attendees bring. QuakeWorld is at QuakeCon this year 90% at least because QW fans are doing it. Quake2 is at QuakeCon because TastySpleen and such bring it. The same can be said of Quake3.

I am glad to see Quake being represented more there, and I do wish I could attend, but I don't have enough spare cash to afford the time away from work to attend it =\
          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
          X