X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leagues and tourneys with signups open

The big leagues:

EQL
    Signups have started for European Quakeworld League (4on4)
    www.eql.nu signups will close 16th of september
    Read QW.nu's news article

NNQL
    Signups have started for NoName Quakeworld League (2on2)
    http://nnql.llamah.se/nnql2 will close 16th of september
    Read QW.nu's news article

Various Kenya tourneys:

King of Thursday Kenya (1on1)

Double Sunday Kenya (2on2)

Free Thursday Kenya (ffa)

Pre-Season Kenya (4on4)

All tourneys/leagues have sections for Rookies and Oldies.

To play QW, download nQuake

fascinating. do they mean kenya the country? didn't know the interweb went that far! =D

Comment

QW? No thanks, i want to play quake

Comment

There are quite a few QW enthusiasts that visit quakeone.com so there's no harm in Sassa making this announcement here Monster. Some people here play both NQ and QW.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
          There are quite a few QW enthusiasts that visit quakeone.com so there's no harm in Sassa making this announcement here Monster. Some people here play both NQ and QW.
          It would be nice if someone in the NQ community would get something going that's organized like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Souless View Post
            It would be nice if someone in the NQ community would get something going that's organized like this.
            Frenzy did a good job with the weekly tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
              Frenzy did a good job with the weekly tourneys.

Those aren't the same. Those were more like pickup tourneys. These are leauges.

Comment

Get to work Souless

I'm sure you're good enough at DM to construct some kind of offical leauge,I've seen you own at DM even if it was myself and other CA players heh. I'm also sure that theres alot of other DM'ers that would support this and you might even pull in some of the non-DM'ers!

Just lemme know if I can help because I've been wanting to setup an official leauge for a while but I'm not a DM'er except when Turtlevan asks me to DM.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

to run a league:

#1 Be a VERY tough guy and have the motto, "my rules dot.com"
                  #2 Pick out servers and have control over them
                  #3 Be specific about everything, date/time/settings/clients what ever before running the tourney/league
                  #4 Success dosnt come in 2 rounds, but 15-20 rounds, so have a .plan and try to make it big after 10-15 rounds
                  #5 Kick all clans/players that are inactive, dont bend the rules or the timelimit just because "they are good/nice" be tough!!!
                  #6 Kick admins that are inactive after 1 week, make sure you are the Headadmin and your words = Priority #1.

With those six rules you will have a bad/good journey, I have been admin of leagues in NQ 00-03 and QW 03-07 and Those are the most important Points to follow!

GL HF

PS. kenya = maps that are not played usually, dm2 dm3 dm4 dm6 e1m2 ztndm3 aerowalk are normal maps, ALLL other maps = kenya maps

Comment

thanks for the pointers sassa, it is very helpful for old timers to contribute their acquired wisdom to the common pot

for my part, i have tried to revive CTF sundays, 10 pm EST on ctf.clanhdz.com. it has been a moderate success though i would love to see more people there!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Get to work Souless

I'm sure you're good enough at DM to construct some kind of offical leauge,I've seen you own at DM even if it was myself and other CA players heh. I'm also sure that theres alot of other DM'ers that would support this and you might even pull in some of the non-DM'ers!

Just lemme know if I can help because I've been wanting to setup an official leauge for a while but I'm not a DM'er except when Turtlevan asks me to DM.
                      I'm just semi good at quake. I have very little computer and web based knowledge. (just ask the Bizarros). Plus my internet is down till Friday. I would try to get the Bizarros to help out but they are busy with another project at the moment.

Comment

I'm just semi good at quake. I have very little computer and web based knowledge. (just ask the Bizarros). Plus my internet is down till Friday. I would try to get the Bizarros to help out but they are busy with another project at the moment.
                        Build a team.

Producer
                        Website manager
                        Cordinator
                        etc
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Comment

My team is busy right now.

Comment

Starting a NQ league would be a great idea. If it happened and was widely advertised, it would draw in all sorts of players, even old quakers that casually play once a month. It would require regulars to train, set goals, and become sharp again and basically jumpstart the old skool quakers.

Theres 3 problems that I can think of:

1. What is in it for the winners? (What does EQL do for the winners?)

2. Would it be possible to start a league with the NQ community base that we have? (From what I've seen looking at the many servers QW has and popping in everyonce in a while, the QW community is much larger in comparison than to the NQ community.)

3. What mod should be used? Is crmod up-to-date enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Bam View Post
                              3. What mod should be used? Is crmod up-to-date enough?
                              It could be based on multiple mods
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                              X