No announcement yet.

The Clan-Willing Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Jr has not responded one way or the other on this yet. A couple more days of silence and we'll have no choice but to consider it a silent consent to seceding from TU.
    'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
    someone to hear your prayers
    someone who cares
    your own... personal... Shambie
    someone whos there

Comment

Avail

I haven't played Quake seriousley since...ahem...well I think it was 1998. On simple LAN basis.

But!

I've played UT99, UT2004 ever since (in many clans with regular wars/matches at utassault.net).

I'm very familiar with 'clan-life'. I am used to tactics - especially since I am an Assault player of nature. That means I am very supportive in my way playing.

I'm not the l33t top elite player as such (I never cheated a single time but learned all by training and practise).
      I consider my self as being a good player (according to other ppl's evaluation).

I got the PC who can do almost anything with Quake 1 (jez... I can almost play Quake on my SE c902i mobile, lol!):

3.8 Ghz P4
      Winfast PX 7800 GT
      3 Gigs RAM
      SATA HD's, Logitech, Icemat etc.

Internet: 2 x 2 Mbit (260 KB upstr. and 260 KB downstr.)

I am familiar with TS, IRC etc.

No, I don't know the Quake maps very well anymore - so many years ago. But it will come quickly with some hours of practise.

So, if some serious clan needs a hand feel free to contact me.
      PM me here (easiest) or email me: [email protected]

Comment

from your e-mail addy i gather your home base is in Denmark am i right?

If so feel free to get in the action on the Euroquake servers (bigfoot.quake1.net port 26000 and 26001) or see here for a complete list of European servers..

there are no real active NQ-clans left in europe but we like to play teamplay matches every now and then.. just with the players who are there at the time.. just for the fun of it

the days of true competitive play are long gone and quite frankly that's the way i like it.. for me quake is not about winning or being the best player out there.. its all about the fun!

in that context we are trying to get some nice ffa games going on a regular basis, hence the first FFA-tourney in years we had last night

most of the time tho we are just playing / fooling around / chatting

but anyone is welcome to join in on the fun!

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
          the days of true competitive play are long gone

If so feel free to get in the action on the Euroquake servers (bigfoot.quake1.net port 26000 and 26001) or see here for a complete list of European servers..

but anyone is welcome to join in on the fun!
          Thanks, I will prolly do that soon =peg= :d

Sad there is no clan matches running. We should make a ressurection!

Mush

Comment

Yea, thats where you want to be. This was a idea proposed by me for clan related gaming in the states,which was or is active depending on how you look at it.
            nfa,sns,and relentless,I believe thats it for active stats haha.

You've got to have a community interested in the concept,and this just isnt the game for it heh.

UT2K4 is indeed a game with replayability,fun game! but it isnt q1,what a bummer.

I still play it as well though,along with Q3 Urban Terror. I wonder what happened to [PoD]Hitman/Arias and [PoD]Dyce, I used to play with them online from time to time.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Managed to join bigfoot.quake1.net tonight. Perhaps I didn't have the right maps before or there was a special mod running.

Now what do I miss? Ah, yes, the dodging
              Kind of hard to move only by jumping like a rabbit, hehe.

Some maps are actually very small. More like houses where you run around in.

I must see to my config. It is not set up at all. And that does prolly mean a lot like other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushashi7 View Post
                Now what do I miss? Ah, yes, the dodging
                Kind of hard to move only by jumping like a rabbit, hehe.
                quake has no special dodging moves.. so its just a matter of predicting where your opponent will fire his rockets and moving the other way

make sure to use the +moveright and +moveleft keys tho (strafing).

Comment

make sure to use the +moveright and +moveleft keys tho (strafing).
                  Oh, yes, same thing as our StrafeLeft and StrafeRight in UT. Can't live without it.

In UT99 we have the simple dodge. A quick sidestep like in boxing etc.

In UT2004 there even was a Dodge-Jump. Not very realistic so to say, but boy did it bring you far away in a second. You dodge and also jump at the same time. Made you almost fly.

I don't know why UT99 has survived for so long. I must be the launch and jump features in the Assault mod.
                  With Friendly Fire set to zero you can use the effect from rox to shoot fellow teammates far away and even glide and bounche on surfaces.
                  The Impact Hammer (categorised as a weapon) can fully loaded easily kill enemies with in 1 shot/impact. But you can also use it to jump with. It takes 46 of 100 total to do so, but it can bring you over smaller hindrances and even carry you up to windows in some areas.

Quake is the simple and basic stuff. No fancy moves (except the rocket jump) as far as I remember.

Comment

rocket jumping can get pretty fancy, take a look at this video created by Turtlevan, aka the trick jump god....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlh0fXWB-M]YouTube - Turtlevan[/ame]
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

quake has fucking melded with turtlevans dna
                      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                      THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                      sigpic

Comment

It used to be accompanied by the song "American Idiot" by Greenday, but youtube has this knack for gaying shit up. Mostly because AMG didnt approve of its use, oi!

Comment

Originally posted by StatiC View Post
                          quake has fucking melded with turtlevans dna
                          hahaaha

I have totally missed you bunch of goofballs.

Now where is CanadianSniper. I gotta flip him shit.
                          'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
                          someone who cares
                          your own... personal... Shambie
                          someone whos there

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzznut View Post
                            Now where is CanadianSniper. I gotta flip him shit.
                            He's probably in Canada.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Hey Rook I was goin through some of our old clan wars I demoed.
                              I think they look great on the darkplaces engine...
                              theres some really funny stuff,
                              your grunt;
                              InF-M34t
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment

Infamous?

Comment

Working...
                                X