Tql

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tql

There is a guy trying to start up a new quake leauge called TQL . #tql on mirc. he wants to have clan matches, and 1 vs 1 matches both in ca and dm... what do you guys think, would you participate ?

yeah. but most people might be too scared to DM. The quake community is terrible these days. You can barely get enough people for a Team Death Match pickup game. I understand people have there favorite mods, but they could at least learn to play DM for the good of the Quake Community and be available for Team games. My favorite mod is DM, but I learned to CTF this past year for the good of the Quake Community. I also tried playing some speedball and found it fun and challenging. A 2v2 CA tourney would Be Fun with adjusted ammo or just the same old massive amounts of ammo, but should not be more than 2v2 because then there's too much spam. I think the CQL tourney had 25 rockets and 50 cells, and CQL was only 2 players in at a time.

Comment

Yes lets do it on dm3

so fucking fun

Comment

A tournament will not work in Quake 1. Believe me. Players will sign up, only to never SHOW UP. Let this fade.
        uakene.com

Comment

this is true.. like the boxing day massacre...
          atleast he knew better than to curse ctf with a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Gh05t View Post
            this is true.. like the boxing day massacre...
            atleast he knew better than to curse ctf with a tournament.
            sarcasm? if so, i didn't curse ctf with the tournament, i was only asked to help organize :p
            uakene.com

Comment

i'd blow the loser. but that's about it, as i'm too busy with works though i am gonna be off work for a long ass time shortly so i could part take in the activities.

If i was in a stupid group, but i doubts it will happens.

Comment

I would ignore this. He pestered me 20 mins. for my e-mail. Then I invited to actually dm him. He was sitting still mostly, then when he started playing it was evident he had no clue what he was doing except having some mediocre aim here and there.

He claimed he was some sort of "official" yet he barely knew where game items were.

After playing this joker, then I went back to Shmack where he asked some other nub to teach him to play dm, followed by "hehe."

I usually do not say these sort of things other than that I think this assclown is out to collect e-mails for some unspecified purpose. Because he just keeps on going and going asking for emails and names.

I think it is just some stupid spammer; or if not some clueless kid with some bogus intention.

Thank God for spam-blocker.

Comment

I agree with PZ. I'd play more TDM if it wasnt D_M_3 !

The reason no one plays DM isnt because its "hard". It's that on DM3 every skilled player knows the paths to take in what order to get the stuff required. Besides dm3 imho with only 1 rl is really at most a 2 on 2 map. New players dont like old maps, old players dont like new maps. If they are so damn skilled why not learn new maps? I'm not bashing DM at all, I am just pointing out why people dont play TDM as much.

DM in general would be more fun if it was put forth to the community as a public mod, with certain leet servers locked in MATCH mode. This is something that CTF had over DM back in the day. In CTF I , as a newbie, could connect to a server, and while a game in progress, it would put me on the losing team. We'd play for about 15 more minutes then game over "GG", next map, let the fun begin! Now let's take Match mode. :Connect, "hmm looks like a game is on going...ugh i hate this map..." After 15 minutes waiting, game over "GG", "Cool now i can play... wait they arent gonna change the map, wait they are choosing captains, wait the match is starting I wasnt PICKED! ", "grr i guess ill go elsewhere..." CRMOD never had a pick-up mode, only ffa, and pmode, so newbs didnt get that learning curve.

www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

pensu

tdm dm3 is better for 3v3 and best with 4v4, dm3 2v2 is somewhat easy to lock down if a team gets lucky spawns and then it gets boring. ztndm3 2v2 is great.

people might not play dm because you gotta work to get frags. In ca anyone can get frags in a big match by shooting rockets at a corner, and eventually splashing someone. Thats why i prefer 2v2 CA.
                    Last edited by powerzord; 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Ya but dont you think DM would get more action if it were pickup games for the masses and match mode for the overspill? I guess I can make a quick DM mod for this in about 2 days
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

sounds cool, i might actually dust off my dm skills for this.

Comment

terrible experience with tql

I signed up for this and had a terrible experience with this league. As per the instructions sent from tql, I went to #tql before the match to get an official. There was no official online so we waited 10 minutes after the designated match start time with no luck. My opponent and I decided to play anyway and both agreed to demo the match.

After the match, I decided to play some pick up at speaknow. The TQL official showed up a full hour after the match was over and asked me if we had played already. I told him that we did play, I won, and that both my opponent and i had demos.

The official told me that the match did not count and asked me to play some other player. This other player was not on the list of players on the sign up list. Obviously, this was the official's buddy. I decided to play this guy anyway and he ended up rage quitting 5 minutes into the match.

All of a sudden, the TQL official stated that my first match now counts and asked me to send him the original demo! I told him that I would not send the demo and told him that this was a horrible way to run a league, but he kept pestering me on IRC anyway!

Comment

Ya I told you this guy is major joke.

What I think he wants to gain from this is to demo good players for him to learn how to play since he is complete nub and is asking everywhere for ppl to teach him play Quake.

I did play him 1v1 at Shmack and did him in 3X with scores such as 50 - -2 and at CA is not even worth mentioning. This "official" or more like nubie player barely knows anything about this game - he is using just some lame cover-up to waste everybody's time. At least I got my frag on and I nuked him for my minutes. I would never wait around on anybody like that, time is money!

O ya and he bugged me for 20 mins I finally gave him my e-mail addy and he still never sent me "match details" haha..

Comment

Working...
                            X