Any coop players out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any coop players out there?

My friends and I love to play Quake coop mode, playing through various fan-made levels and mods. We've played hundreds of maps already.

We do *NOT* enjoy playing coop mode as if it is just DM mode -- rushing through the level not caring about dying, trying to finish off all the monsters and get to the exit immediately.

We play it where we try our best to avoid dying, try to improve our teamwork and cooperation, sharing found items evenly amongst us, trying to find all the secrets in the level, exploring, waiting for the others to catch up, enjoying the scenery, no competing, etc.

Is there anyone else out there who likes this style of coop and would like to join us? So far we are just three regular players, but it would be nice to grow the group. We hang out on IRC and arrange our games that way.

If this is in the wrong forum section, let me know. There doesn't seem to be any section for coop. :-/

Edit:

We also have a textual menu system for repeating common coop phrases like "Come here", "Wait", "You take the lead", "I need health", etc. Always looking for new ways to improve the coop experience.

ei likea me sume coop ja

Comment

I'm down for coop. I also have a ventrilo server.
      Gentoo Linux

Comment

there's some coop servers on the server browser. keep your eyes peeled

Comment

Hangin with Mr. Cooper?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadlorde View Post
            I'm down for coop. I also have a ventrilo server.
            What's Ventrilo?

Edit:

Originally posted by spooker View Post
            there's some coop servers on the server browser. keep your eyes peeled
            I wouldn't be interested in any public servers, as those would be played in the same style as DeathMatch (as per my original posting). I'm looking for other players who are really into the whole cooperative-playing-while-enjoying-the-architecture-and-improving-teamwork-and-so-on sort of gameplay, which would be rare to find on a free-for-all public coop server. Most people on a public coop server are just there to rush for the end of the level, guns blazing.
            Last edited by Samus_Aran; 11-03-2009, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Samus_Aran View Post
              I'm looking for other players who are really into the whole cooperative-playing-while-enjoying-the-architecture-and-improving-teamwork-and-so-on sort of gameplay,
              thats me even in deathmatch lets go public !

Comment

Originally posted by Samus_Aran View Post
                What's Ventrilo?
                Ventrilo - Surround Sound Voice Communication Software
                Gentoo Linux

Comment

I play coop at coop.runequake.com:26003 on a regular basis. I'll go play right now.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I accept with information:there's some coop servers on the server browser.

Comment

spams iq: 3

Comment

Working...
                      X