Quake Matches ft. Live Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Matches ft. Live Commentary

(I decided against a Voting scheme,voting is just gonna complicate matters,not needed)
    The Concept | Bank OBS Match of Team vs Team at our the SNS server running the map SANITY , a excellent map.
    FIRST SCHEDULED EVENT SATURDAY , April 22nd 2006. Thats this coming Saturday.
    It would be really nice if a nice # of players are interested in this QuakeRadio project,as the person who's gonna make it happen is Bank.Sorry for the change in voting if you had already suggested a Map.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Players = Mindz,Baker,Canadian*Sniper,Monster (RAWR!HEHE)

http://users.adelphia.net/~mindzx/sanity.zip , here is a copy of Sanity. Place it in Quake\Id1\Maps\here. If you dont have a Maps folder create one.

Note , we are limited to 3vs3,which is fine by me.Anyday you can count on even 2 or 3 of 6 original players who sign up is a good day,and I'm sure it'll be 2 ez to supply fill-in's.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-19-2006, 12:54 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Yup, I've been wanting to do this for a while, and with the added video, it should work out perfectly.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

I'll participate.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

If I have time, I'm all for it.

Comment

Monster Shall Participate.

Comment

I like sanity, nice choice for the map.
            uakene.com

Comment

Yes I agree Yellow , great map for a match.Although ,
              also the match isnt set for a certain Time,just a certain Day.Pretty much hopng for the 6vs6 max scenario 1obs 3vs3 , or possibly if a 8th shows up,4vs3 handicap match.

The idea is really appealing and I cant wait to see what kind of results we get in the end.
              the task :
              Bank records Match,Demo being played in a fancy Engine while a older version of Fraps capturing and converting a copy to a generic avi format. VirtuaDubMod will allow us to Add Bank's Audio file ontop of the Demo avi,and we can Sync the Commentary up with the video as best possible,and ending up in a small low quality package, like Divx.
              IDK if Bank has broadband, if he doesnt then im thinking it would be best if someone else will splice the shit 2gether,I have some experience with it,I've made 3 or 4 video's.If he is on DialUp,when it comes time to upload the final DivX avi , it wont be fun uploading @ 1-10kb/s or whatever.
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-19-2006, 01:05 AM.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

How about instead of running a "fancy" engine it be done with something simple like GLPro that doesnt change the visual style? Many of the "fancy" engines make my eyes gib in pain with gaudiness, whereas no one can disagree with basic glQuake renderer at a high resolution.
                Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

thats a 1on1 map, not a 4on4 map!
                  way to small to contain 8 players or even 2on2!

Comment

sassa - That just tells me to strive for a 16, 32, or 64 player match on that map now!
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by sassa
                      Bah, I love playing 12 player FFA on DM6. :d :d
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by sassa
                        Think of it like this.Instead of having the comfort of a large map and the safety of players being spread out over big maps like DM3 , E4M3 , Q1Edge , and other huge maps that normally handle Team vs Team matches and over-flow the game with Stradegy , there's only gonna be time for 2 things : AIM and GIB's.

It could be worse,the map could be RocketArena's BowlArena
                        *note* Picture provided by www.RuneQuake.com , Arena Maps.

Now THATS a 1on1 map. Sanity is easily big enough to handle 3vs3 (Thats the limit,unless a team wants to take a handicap and it be 3vs4)
                        Bank Observing + Recording Demo:1 slot of 8
                        Three Vs Three : 6 slots of 8.
                        One slot left.
                        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Count me in

My work here is done. Goodnight.
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

well it all depends ifyou wanna have ffa or tp
                            if you wanna play a teamgame like a ffa game then its okey I guess
                            I dont like those kind of games anymore, I like the typical defending at ra-mega with 2 rls and the enemy quad is trying to take you out so he can camp there and make a maplock but you somehow kill him and save a rl pack and after that you start gathering armors and planing a attack for the next upcoming quad in ~30 sec attacking from water and telehigh at the same time and just taking the quad and switch the map around is teamplay..
                            thats the kind of games I like, not when the game is ffa and no structure :/

I guess im abit to boring nowdays with the tactical point of view of the game
                            but yeah 12 player ffa on dm6 rules so will 12->24 player ffa on this server with dmm3 (weapon stay)
                            but I might have been wrong about how u guys play teamgames 4on4 etc, if u use dmm3 or dmm1, because I was thinking of dmm1 action

Comment

def be there if I'm home

Comment

Working...
                              X