No announcement yet.

Solecord/Baker Idea for Quake 1 events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solecord/Baker Idea for Quake 1 events.

Anyone can reply with their thoughts but only Solecord or Baker can make the magic happen here.

Would it be possible to allow members of the forum to actually setup events like CA clan match/DM turney/CTF game in a fashion that actually resembles a real event unlike the current standard of just creating a thread?

Threads like "SPEAKNOW! NOW!" or "CTF TONIGHT" can easily be overlooked as they usually are pretense by the time people see them. But a "TRUE" events section could keep things fresh and give new comers and oldies something else to stop by and checkout when they visit the quakeone.com site.

It would only have to have a date, time, server entry form and people who respond qould automatically be entered into the event, or else there could be a combo box[dropdown box] in their reply that has 2 options, "attend event" or "not attend".

What do you think?
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Maybe you need something like a #nqpickup channel on quakenet. The problem with websites/forums for this kind of task is exactly the one you mentioned: they are too slow. And I doubt that you'll be able to circumvent the problem by having a separate section or something like that.
    dfsp*spirit
    my FPS maps

Comment

Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
      Maybe you need something like a #nqpickup channel on quakenet. The problem with websites/forums for this kind of task is exactly the one you mentioned: they are too slow. And I doubt that you'll be able to circumvent the problem by having a separate section or something like that.
      An event section could easily show players that "I want to play at such'n'such time on such'n'such server. Instead of making a thread that simply states "I'm on speaknow! come play!"... While I'm sure that methods works to some point,t it doesn't have the reach I think an event system would have.

I could also see having an event system in effect could easily orchestrate games of excellent magnitude in stead of the standard pickup games which might occur from a simple "I'm on quake" thread.
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

K, won't hurt to try it I guess.
        dfsp*spirit
        my FPS maps

Comment

Working...