Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chip View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I'd like vanilla Quake, standard maps, no texture packs. I want to keep it traditional, classic Quake.

I don't have a specific vision or feel. I want something moody, no more than 2 minutes, nice music, it's all up to you.

I don't know, could be a nice map, a complete level run-through, a different perspective of a map, I'm sure you know what I mean because I know we all feel something differrent when we play Quake.
    I really think the music should be this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48]YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - Quake - Main Theme[/ame]

Honestly, getting approval for use of that music track is paramount Surely something could be arranged for a creativecommons??? I think Reznor would give 2 shits about,it....

Throughout early 1996 Reznor collaborated with id Software to help create the music and sound effects to the first-person shooter video game Quake.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Let's see what Candy comes up with and see what theme fits best. I don't think there's a licensing issue, as the theme is already on Youtube.

I used to listen to NIN and Trent Reznor and let the "music" (as in experimental, weird, nice, moody) play while working.

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

Sure mark, get me some contact information!!!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

There's still time

Everyone still has time to sign up for the 2011 Quakeone Expo !!!

"Quake Expo 2011 will be held June 19-25, 2011! Get your booths ready!" -- Chip"

Some of you my not have think you have an idea for a booth, some may think they don't have the time.
          Even with everything going on in your life, you can show your love for the game.

Mark started a QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection - Quake Expo 2011 and has passed it along to me, anyone who would like to, please join, the more to bounce ideas off of the better !!! There are no wrong types of booths, (example map making,monster redesigns , or Hell guys get your wifes into like the cookie thread make it into a contest..) make them show what you do for the Quakeone community or vice/versa. Go back look at some of the other booths from the past years, if that doesn't get ideas stirring , jump on a server go shoot the hell out of a few people and see what happens then.

Come join me, I'm going to try my hand in on it and I know there are more "seasoned vets" here that could run circles around anything I should be able to do right??? So come show your support, the best way you can!!!!!

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Some time ago I tried to think of how a qexpo icon could look like and come up with this! (I almost forgot about it and maybe I should have )

I started out with the intention that it should look like a big X with three circles around it, one circle top left for the Q and one top right for P and one bottom right for O. Did not get it to look right so after trying out some different things I ended up with this X with 4 Q's instead!
            If it does not cut it it's okay but maybe it can trigger some other creative minds?
            – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
            – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Love it, my only thing is I'd make the spike that appears in the middle of the "half-moon" return. That spike completely down the middle is iconic to Quake as it's present in every Quake game - 1 through 4.

Comment

Moon[Drunk], I agree with OoPpEe, you have a good start going, I'm glad you didn't trash it. I think he has a good point with finishing the "Q" as well, and if I might suggest making the "X" longer, and taper them till they meet in the middle (in the more traditional way).
                I'd bet if you start just tinkering with it again with just those few fresh ideas, things might start falling into place for you ( you might also remember why you kept it).
                hehe If it helps you, I really like the marbling two tone coloring that you've chosen.
                And why stop there, if you've got more ideas, or even unfinished works, set up a booth, you could get so much more feed back, or maybe find someone who wants to help you, or someone who might need yours....
                What do you think???

Comment

I think it looks great! What about adding the title and some fire and some monsters and Photoshopping it a bit?

I'm thinking of adding an Art section in QExpo site, with wallpapers, logos and so on.

Comment

Hi all

Comment

>>>>logo<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
                        Can someone (Candy I guess) check if OoPpEe & Moon[Drunk] & 5ive were invited to join the club???!
                        Mark, that would be yes to all three, with some new members too.

Comment

Amazing work there Moon!
                          As I know you have the psd or whichever, you should also do the same image but with the QRP textures + realtime lighting ect

Comment

No, no, don't go there. No custom textures and lightning.

I'm watching this thread, you know. Whenever you have the header ready, and everyone agrees with it, I'll need it in PSD format, or a HQ JPG.

I like the logo.

Small update to QExpo codebase and new homepage illustration. Also, the right sidebar is gone, so you can have more page space.

Last edited by Chip; 05-14-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'll probably wait 'til tomorrow evening for a higher quality image (even JPEG saved at 100%), then I'll add it to the Expo site.

Comment

I do not have any time to work on a complete logo/header right now,
                                so if anyone is interested to use my logo or only the icon as base go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X