Quake Expo 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Expo 2011

Hi guys, now that Easter is behind me, I decided to push this announcement even further. I decided - after some discussion with some fellow Quakers - to host the new Quake Expo 2011 on Quake Expo 2011

I have a booth system built from scratch. It doesn't have ads, it will not have ads, it's completely transparent and it's open for registration!

I'll make this announcement on several other forums, I'll check them once a day. Any question you might have is welcome.

Get your booth babes ready!

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

There will be a triple-map single player release by the Remake Quake team during QExpo.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Is anybody up for a movie challenge or some cool QExpo graphics/logos?

Comment

I have CS4 plopped on my system right now, along with other graphics type riff raff that I normally don't even bother using to the fullest extent. I'm just needing some information or creative vision that you might have for what your looking for.

Feel free to reply here or PM and maybe I'll serve a more righteous purpose than the normal type of shit !

~MINDZX
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          I have CS4 plopped on my system right now, along with other graphics type riff raff that I normally don't even bother using to the fullest extent. I'm just needing some information or creative vision that you might have for what your looking for.
          Thanks for reply,

I have CS5 but no time to create. Feel free to let your imagination drive you. This is everybody's expo, and everyone should have something to say.

It's an expo, it's a gathering of new stuff, new creations, creative people... just go with the flow...

Comment

Well, maybe you can keep on listed as a optionable person to aid anyone needing things taken care of. I really dont know where I would start without you exclusively dropping some "X Marks the Spot" type indicator. Like, QeXpo logo. Thats the only thing I can yank off the top of my head that I could work on.

I'm interested but its seeming a bit too early and there isn't any push for anything from anyone,but I would really enjoy working with various booth operator's, assisting the community in any way possible.

VIVA LA QeXpo!!!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I have a feeling turtlevan wouldn't mind putting together some sweet videos
              uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                I have a feeling turtlevan wouldn't mind putting together some sweet videos
                Oh yeah, go turtlevan!

@Mindf!3ldzX: Regarding the logo, just try some variations. Anything.

Regarding helping/drawing/creating for booth operators, that's their choice. I have just added a forum for expo members (visible only when logged in) and I'll add a graphics request thread. You can then be the Expo Artist (listed on front page, bolded name, different colour).

"there isn't any push for anything from anyone" - It will be. This expo will happen. I sent lots of emails, and I wrote on many forums. I'm getting 110% involved in this, and the following weeks will be full of updates.

Comment

Have one question.

Where the hell is the location, city/state., of the convention even the website doesn't say.

~cheers.

Comment

It's a online event, not physical booths.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I was a bit busy last week. I read all posts on QuakeOne.com and Inside3d.com almost daily, but I don't have time to reply.

Of course I could use some help. I reached out and posted on several Quake forums, got some answers, people joined the QExpo. I have also sent emails to PlanetQuake and John Romero. A link back from these 2 sites might be useful.

I would appreciate any help from anyone. No need from me to appoint anyone to be a QExpo representative. I'm somehow new to Quake modding world compared to other people around here.

Feel free to spread the word. Feel free to send emails.

It's our event. I decided to host it because I love Quake. A lot of other people around are busy with archiving QuakeDev. I'm working to add some more interesting features to the expo for accessibility and usability.

I'll probably have them ready next week.

As necros said, more people will join one or two weeks prior to opening.

Note 1: I always reply back to a direct question in no more than 24 hours.

Note 2: One of the most interesting features of QExpo I'm working on right now is the ability of customizing the booths out of the page content, like a custom header, or a custom menu. Even a custom background.

Comment

#1: I will approach Candy. Thanks for your opinion. I want it heavily promoted by anyone with access to other forums I might have missed.

#2: I tried to contact the owner of quakeexpo.com but to no avail. And there was absolutely no point in buying another domain, such as quakeexpo.net, or .org or .info or whatever.

#3: I wrote the expo script, I created the database, I maintain it and I host it. I don't mind handing a copy of the "keys" to anyone interested in managing it. However, from a technical point of view, it's better I handle all scripting stuff, bug reports and site features.

#4: No one offered to make a better logo. I'll play myself next week with Photoshop a wee bit. I'd also be interested in a video presentation, a compilation of some Quake action to get it up on YouTube and on Expo's front page.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE! Put your creativity to work and draw some QExpo logos/stuff. Some mappers created Christmas and Halloween maps. Why not creating an Expo-themed map?

#5: Good idea with the survey.

#6: I joined! Approve me! Approve me!

EDIT: To QuakeOne admins: I see QuakeExpo 2006 is sticky. Could this thread by sticky?

Comment

A video can be done, Are you looking for any maps in particular ? Do you have a vision of what you'd like it to look like,or the feel, etc.. Just let me know.

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gothiccandy View Post
                            A video can be done, Are you looking for any maps in particular ? Do you have a vision of what you'd like it to look like,or the feel, etc.. Just let me know.
                            Thanks for the reply.

I'd like vanilla Quake, standard maps, no texture packs. I want to keep it traditional, classic Quake.

I don't have a specific vision or feel. I want something moody, no more than 2 minutes, nice music, it's all up to you.

I don't know, could be a nice map, a complete level run-through, a different perspective of a map, I'm sure you know what I mean because I know we all feel something differrent when we play Quake.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip View Post
                              Thanks for the reply.

I'd like vanilla Quake, standard maps, no texture packs. I want to keep it traditional, classic Quake.

I don't have a specific vision or feel. I want something moody, no more than 2 minutes, nice music, it's all up to you.

I don't know, could be a nice map, a complete level run-through, a different perspective of a map, I'm sure you know what I mean because I know we all feel something differrent when we play Quake.

No problem, maybe I can have you something ready in a few days give/take...

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X