Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moon[Drunk] View Post
    I do not have any time to work on a complete logo/header right now,
    so if anyone is interested to use my logo or only the icon as base go ahead.
    Thanks anyway, I'll add your PNG logo to the QExpo site and maybe play a little with the base icon.

Any chance for a .mdl/.md3 release?

EDIT: Done! Added your logo to the QExpo. I like the new look.
    Last edited by Chip; 05-16-2011, 06:09 AM.

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

Well, Mark, the expo is 90% for Quake 1. I'm not sure how many Q2, 3 or 4 booths will be, but Q1 is predominant. Just like all the other expos. We are also a Q1 community.

What do you suggest?

Comment

I wrote several posts on several Q2 and Q3 forums. I'm not familiar with Q4 and, honestly, I prefer to let others do the talking. I might have some Q2 booths, not sure about Q3.

I already asked people who are active on Q2 and Q3 forums to spread the word. Me, just registering to post a link - might look like spam.

I sent an email to PlanetQuake announcing the QExpo, but got no answer, or article. They should announce it, it's about a month til the expo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip View Post
          Well, Mark, the expo is 90% for Quake 1. I'm not sure how many Q2, 3 or 4 booths will be, but Q1 is predominant. Just like all the other expos. We are also a Q1 community.

What do you suggest?
          2008 had quite a bit of quake 2 going on, it was even hosted at tastyspleen which is a q2 community. This time it does look like "Quake 1 Expo". The artwork and the 15 years stuff is enforcing that image.

But let's see what kind of booths there will be.

Are you reviving the #qexpo IRC channel (at irc.anynet.org) from last time? That was awesome because you really had a cross section of people there and it was very active.

Who's gonna do news?

Did you contact Pappy-R (planetquake) personally?
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I would really like to advocate the being allowed to use Custom / Textures / Models , as I have been repeatedly trying to understand why we would want Quake Expo imagery showing off 1996 looks/feel/graphics. Quake Expo is about showing off New Stuff for Quake, and I have largely failed to grasp the concept of how we're gonna be showing off new-shiny-things at Quake Expo, but can't do creative works using those exact same "Shiny" things.

HEHE

Proof of Concept : If iPad2 is the newer iPad, would you want to be displaying only iPad1's at the release party of the iPad2? No, you would want iPad2's ON-HAND and ready for demonstrations / examples. Maybe there is a deeper reasoning, maybe its personal preference. If you're set in your retaining classic feel / looks , then I'll still be submitting a banner,along with MrsMindz
            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-17-2011, 11:50 AM.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I don't know what happened to Mark's posts. I just want to say that any forum member is a contributor. He/she adds value to that forum. Helps others. Chats.

It's really easy to get to the wrong side of the tracks (GTA mission, for the fans) and add noise to a forum. Then, the quality degrades. We don't need this here.

And now back to QuakeExpo.

If anyone is a registered member here - Quake series - Steam Users' Forums - please add QExpo to your signature.

I just registered and waiting for activation.

Also, the PlanetQuake forums are a virgin territory for me. I'll register there ASAP and promote the Expo.

Thanks for your support (and for your suggestions - either via PM or email)!

EDIT #1: Digg users - dig this - http://digg.com/news/gaming/quake_expo_2011
              EDIT #2: StumbleUpon users - stumble this - http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/5IY18r....quakewiki.net
              Last edited by Chip; 05-18-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I read you man. Just some quick facts, I just woke up:

1. We don't need promotion here. We need it elsewhere (remember "This door opens elsewhere").
                2. The page to "pull" the information is the front page. Every bit of information is already there. Some changes to the layout coming soon.
                3. Try and use this enthusiastic attitude on PlanetQuake forums.
                4. We need a movie. Quick. Promotion to be done via Youtube, Vimeo, and the movie posted on QExpo and several other sites of mine.

Need a coffee now.

Comment

I'm in Europe, in Romania.

I don't have any suggestions for the video music. I don't have that much time on my hands right now. Hopefully, someone will make a nice video.

Regarding my 1st comment, I meant "promoting" the event here. EVERY member on QuakeOne.com knows about the QExpo. OTHER forums should be "plagued" (no offense) with promotional posts.

QuakeOne.com will have full QExpo coverage, special reports, dedicated posts and more.

There are many forums out there with Quake players.

I started some threads on several forums, even Q2 and Q3. Just an announcement. Some said thanks, some said "wow", some didn't bother to answer.

How old are you?

Comment

Q-Mark seems to be replacing all his old posts with some video. That is destructive behaviour. So I would suggest everyone to simply ignores this time-eating, distracting and unproductive (all talk, no do) user for your own sanity.
                    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                      Q-Mark seems to be replacing all his old posts with some video. That is destructive behaviour. So I would suggest everyone to simply ignores this time-eating, distracting and unproductive (all talk, no do) user for your own sanity.
                      Sigh.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
                        May be you talk about the event at inside3d... may be elsewhere???? If you don't work here... or tell the people where/how... better not ask for help??
                        Quake Expo is opportunity to show case works you have made or make a booth (a web page or set thereof) discussing ideas concepts, showing maps models screenshots videos or engine work or QuakeC stuff or writing a tutorial.

It just a chance to show things you have done or discuss things you care about.

Mappers show screenshots of maps, maybe even do a release, might discuss an upcoming work or talk about map design. Modellers might write a tutorial on how to skin a model, show off models or whatever. Non-developers might write a story or interview someone or discuss some aspect of them or make a frag video.

There isn't a right or wrong way to do Quake Expo.

What is more useful than asking is looking at, say, Quake Expo 2006 booths.

10th Anniversary Quake Expo
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

1st attempt

Ok this was my 1st attempt with a new program, so even though this isn't expo worthy , I thought I'd get your opinions on how it looks so far?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b235_URMcgo]YouTube - ‪Quake Expo 2011 slideshow‬‏[/ame]

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X