Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake Expo 2011 The event is official... isn't!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've aggregated all of these similar topic threads into a single thread for a more streamlined forum experience. And it helps find things faster.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks brah
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@ Mark. You have enough energy to productively spam the whole internets. Everyone knows about Quake Expo here. Go spam the parts of the internets that *DOESN'T* know about Quake Expo. It'd be funny if you went so apeshit on Facebook that you made Zuckerberg mad at you and sending you messages. [hint]
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Mark wants to be the new KIMP so his name will make our ears bleed.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            Subliminal message: Spam PlanetQuake forums. They haven't done Quake Expo news.
            Correct, sent 3 messages so far and no answer.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            But I also keep re-reading Chip's post about "No, no, don't go there. No custom textures and lightning." Meeting Chip's criteria is a requirement,and until he responds with his inputs I still feel its too early to start work on anything, video or logo/banners. It could be all for nothing if I follow my gut instinct....
            Not really sure about this, we should keep Quake (as I've been suggested) as a traditional engine.

I say go ahead and do what your instinct tells you, and I'll stick those movies on the QExpo front page.

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

Yikes, don't refresh the page often today and when I do - seems like I missed some forum cleanups.
              On the topic about the Quake Expo. We know it's happening. It's been announced on the forums, inside3d and on the front page here. So various threads HERE isn't going to help it at all. It'd be like Hotmail advertising to register on Hotmail in your (hotmail) inbox.
              Awareness needs to be on the site that are less active. The Steam forums would be a great place to advertise it. It's active but not as "open" as we are here.

As for the arguments on this. I do have to agree with the bumping of a old topic without bringing anything extra. It isn't a rule but it's kinda one of those unspoken ones that usually all follow. I will use my Moo Grunt as a example. No posts concerning it for quite awhile. Someone posting something like "this is great!/This sucks!" it's nice - but not worth the huge bump. Now it someone posted:
              This sucks because the models animation are highly unrealistic. He falls like he still has control of his body instead of falling limp like he's dead.
              Then this adds to the thread in a helpful way. I'd then know a way to improve the model.

Comment

Well I had a great time at the expo and picked up a few mods.
                Lots to see ,but the biggest draw for me never even showed up.
                After all the hype from Baker all year about his new proquake
                I was looking forward to it.
                I was expecting at least a booth.
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

"Quake Expo 2011 will be held June 19-25, 2011"

Comment

I haven't posted anything yet either.

Comment

Baker it is the last day and I have been over there every day for what?
                      Are you releasing or are you just having fun playing me?
                      And before you laugh Rookie
                      Where is the Linux version you said you were working on?
                      WARNING
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

He's been pushing that release date back for over half a year. I wonder if the whole thing isn't just a huge troll for his amusement.
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yea it REALLY would come in handy to have some of that security about now for the tourney.
                          WARNING
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

I've got 24 minutes left!! HA! jk

I did work a little on it last night before i fell asleep. Though, its nowhere near complete. I have to get the conversion stable then upgrade it with all the features from 1.60 to 2.011... my biggest set back is where to put the penguin.

Comment

I know where its going.
                              WARNING
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

That's not what you said last night!

Comment

Working...
                                X