Quake DM3 Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake DM3 Tournament Discussion

So far we have 4 teams of 3. hoping for 6 teams of 3. Can be 4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3. We will do a draft tournament. The cap and his teammates will decide thier teams name and wear that tag for the tournament matches.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whats the best day and time to do this tornament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I understand everyone cannot be on at the same times but if we can just get 3/4 to show up...

Being Quake needs to life I wanted to bring up a discussion about a dm3 tournament. I think it can all be agreed on that dm.quaketx.com is the best server overall for everyone for this to take place. So anyway we can do teams many ways, but what might work well is having 4-6 caps, depending on amount of people that sign up. The idea is to have the best players as caps, (Tier 1) who will then draft players by taking turns one at a time. Only a player that signs up can be drafted. No hidden surprises like bringing peng or kwong lo on ur team of cd and kong aka no stacks. For this to be fun, has to be fair as possible. So should it be 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 is another discussion. So who wants to sign up for such a tournament? We could all even pitch even for a prize, like donate 5 bucks apiece? Also will need some type of antihack admin, making sure nobody is cheating ya know?

So who is interested in a tornament, leave your name and comments here.

Cliffs:

TDM dm3 tornament
    Do you want to take part in it?
    If yes then say it phaggot.

SIGNED UP (if you want removed plz let me know)
    Don D (SKillet)
    Scorpion
    Tremor-
    Mindz -
    AAA -
    Monoxide
    Grafh -
    Retrocade - Cap
    Cd - Cap
    Phenom
    Bluntz -
    Shok -
    Naus -Cap
    Splinter
    Patrick
    Smokey
    Jumpy`
    Powerzord cap
    Badaim
    rocketeer
    Lenny cap
    Jbone
    kongsdong -cap

Not signed up- needs to be aware'd

TV- Overdosed on Coop
    KONGSDONG- He can't lift his dong, to big brah
    WOLV - Said hes banned on quakeone.com and your all phaggots who are anti dm3
    TICAL- ???
    Sumpus- ?????

Many more, I can't recall at the moment.... If you see anyone in game not signed up, please refer them to this post.
    Last edited by Grafh; 06-13-2011, 06:13 PM.

CAN HAZ HAX? WHY YES, CAN HAZ HAX.

Talk about fresh fucking grapes. SIGN ME UP,and prepare to be DLL'd to death.

/dusts off ProQuake 3.50

for the record, that server is a fucking joke,and every time someone mentions it (while it has no antiwallhacks enabled) I just want to fucking gouge that persons eye balls out and fucking mix them in with my SPAGETTI AND MEAT BALLS. FUCKING CHEF BOYARDEE NGA!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dJu1Jj7VTw[/ame]

Someone order the pre-fire combo? Extra pickle!
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-02-2011, 08:45 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

make sure kimp is allowed to play. everyone in the dm community loves him.
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Sounds like your average DM3 to me. Err, did I say DM? I meant DM3.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
          Sounds like your average DM3 to me. Err, did I say DM? I meant DM3.
          Sounds like your just lurking the forums again, commenting on shit that doen't even pertain to you.

Comment

try looking a bit deeper buddy

Comment

FoQ why so mad?

Comment

i`m so made n buthurt becuz al ne1 ppl does iz pl y dm3

Comment

Mindzex, I thought we already went through this. =( sv_cullentities is set to 0 so that quad and pent can glow through walls and around corners like the old days. The benefits of this are greater than the possibility of a wallh4x0r. Don't let it sour your milk, or ...grapes =)

And, anyway, I'm all on board for a tourney. Hope it can get organized and pulled off.
                  Last edited by Tremor; 06-03-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor View Post
                    quad and pent can glow through walls and around corners like the old days.
                    This is a big plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor View Post
                      Mindzex, I thought we already went through this. =( sv_cullentities is set to 0 so that quad and pent can glow through walls and around corners like the old days. The benefits of this are greater than the possibility of a wallh4x0r. Don't let it sour your milk, or ...grapes =)

And, anyway, I'm all on board for a tourney. Hope it can get organized and pulled off.

You must be kidding. Fix this please.

Comment

I think CRMOD has an average lower ping for all the players.

I like dm.quaketx's quad/pent glow though.

Hopefully the future fix for the anti-wall hack boundary will solve both issues. In the mean time I prefer it like quaketx's.

Comment

It has been my experience that quake.crmod.com allows some players to ping extremely well, some to ping decent and some to ping badly. For those that ping well, it must be the shiznit. On the other hand, quaketx seems to have a better overall average equal ping for most players in the 40's-50's, and really that is to be expected because of its location. Both east and west players seem to ping equally, which imo is a good thing.

Comment

Having a central server is always a good thing, it's a good place for the east coast players and west coast players to meet on even grounds. I'm not too sure of the location of the current players, I'm guessing most are probably from the east coast, but I don't see why anyone would complain with a 50ms ping at the Texas server.

The tournament seems like an interesting idea, a lot of players come back during the summer, we should try to contact some of the oldies for a comeback.

Comment

Tournaments are fun. I wasn't joking, count me in. :F
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X