DM Tournament Server Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM Tournament Server Settings

For those of you playing in the DM tournament, please express your opinion on whether or not cullentities should be set at 0 or 1 for the tournament duration. Please do not vote if you are not participating.

sv_cullentities 0 = quad/pent glow behind walls
    sv_cullentities 1 = No glow, but prevents wallhackers.
    sv_cullentities 0
    40.00%
    sv_cullentities 1
    60.00%

i voted 0 since that's how i always remember playing quake (dm) AND this is with me using qrack with dynamic lighting off (for fps reasons) so i can't even benefit from this but this is definitely how the game was meant to be..

although i'm gonna try lowering my res and turning on dynamic lights to take advantage of this if my fps can handle it since it is a cool feature..

also.. from what i remember from when i tried it, the glow was transparent rather then the blue/red glow it used to be, is that just my client or is it like that on purpose?

edit --

actually i might be wrong about the red/blue glows, i'm not sure.. they just seem really familiar but maybe the glows just seemed more prominent due to the graphic/lighting differences.. i saw some old demos on youtube and the glow seemed like the same white glow that it is now i think, but the demos are only from two people and its definitely a newer/modern client that their being watched on

and as far as cheating goes, i don't think i'm being naive in saying that i doubt anyone, including kimp, uses wallhack, ive seen/played a lot of games on quaketx and havn't ever played a match where i really questioned anybodys game
    Last edited by rcade; 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

You know, now that you mention it, I don't remember. The blue/red thing sounds really familiar but my client only shows a white glow for those powerups.

Comment

I voted 1 because I personally think Kimp is using the glow, and perhaps a few others who know of this exploit. There are a lot of shady corner shots that I experience when we play that I never even get in CA, a spam mod.

Comment

Thanks Omi. Part of that may be because there are tons of sounds in DM.. health, armor, weapons, ammo, and such.

But, I hear ya. =)

Comment

Is kimp in this tourny? If so, im not playing
            Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

sv_cullentities 1

Comment

Comment

When R the matches

Comment

umm.. Is this "glow" stock on qrack? Mr omi here accused me of using it and i honestly don't know what the command is or anything..

Comment

Originally posted by Authentic View Post
                      umm.. Is this "glow" stock on qrack? Mr omi here accused me of using it and i honestly don't know what the command is or anything..
                      I wasn't being serious, relax.

Comment

In all Quake's there is a glow from players that have pent, or quad.

In CRMOD the glow is white, in CRCTF the glow is colored based on coding in the mod EF_BLUE for Quad, and EF_RED for pent.

ProQuake unfortunately doesnt have support for those entity effect bits so all powerup glows are white.

sv_cullentities 1 draws players only within YOUR point of view; it still draws all other objects regardless.
                        If u are standing at Quad on dm3 and someone already has PENT and rj's through the window and is coming around that doorway, you will not see his glow until 1% of the model is visible.

sv_cullentities 2 suppresses drawing ALL entities behind walls, which saves network traffic as the server isnt sending information to you about things you cant see.

If you guys are going to use the cull entities then use 2. This will 100% stop wall hackers from sitting at RED armor and seeing Quad spawn, otherwise if you want to get the jump on that wallhacking quad coming around the corner then vote 0,
                        Last edited by R00k; 06-23-2011, 11:01 PM.
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Hey, Thanks for explaining that, R00k!

Looks like we're tied up at 6 to 6 right now. 30 players and only 12 votes, c'mon!

Comment

r00k wrote the b00k son.

Comment

sv_cullentities 2
                              I wont be playing if the matches are held on kimps server anyway so this may be a moot point.
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X