• Show
Clear All

• Quakecon 2011

live feed

John Carmack keynote (text)

John Carmack keynote (video)

most interesting bit so far:

"DOOM 3 source code

Carmack said once RAGE is released, id will focus on giving the DOOM 3 source code to the public. It will be released sometime this year. Carmack said this is also a challenge to other developers to release old source code. It helps the development community and id."
    Edit: Video finally been released..
    Last edited by =peg=; 08-06-2011, 11:26 AM.

Id still sets the bar!
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

I watch the livestream alongside, not bad but only Quake Live all the time.

Comment

source being released equates more free goodies. always a plus !
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Updated the J.C. keynote video link..

Comment

I watched it completely, it was worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
              I watch the livestream alongside, not bad but only Quake Live all the time.
              Yep, QL TDM.... and before the finals a loooooooooooooooooong time of ppl getting a bunch or hardware presents.

Like I said before: ID has abandoned Q1 a long time ago. Makes sense that the company moves on I guess, but I don't see why QuakeCon is even remotely interesting for Q1 fans when it comes to watching the stream.

Comment

To presume every Q1 player, only plays Q1. Reasonings from the only reason we play Q1 is because our hardware can't handle anything else? HEH. I'm running DX11 games every day inbetween stomping ass at Rage.Quakeone.Com !
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

own3D.tv - Quake 1 <- GRAPED

Comment

Working...
                  X