Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 out of 10 Gamers recommend..

taking your ass to CAX.QUAKEITUP.COM for being gRAPED alllllllllllllll time
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

3G speeds, can't even connect!

Avoid AT&T High Speed DSL.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      3G speeds, can't even connect!

Avoid AT&T High Speed DSL.
      Thats what happens when you broke ass fokers get AT&T service of ANY kind. You wont catch me ever using AT&T. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
        Thats what happens when you broke ass fokers get AT&T service of ANY kind. You wont catch me ever using AT&T. You get what you pay for.
        FYI The only internet service I get where I live is dial-up or DSL.

I do not live in a crowded city area where you sacrifice personal space for luxuries like Verizon 9000,0000Mbps up/down/left/right.

I could be filthy rich and I still couldn't get anything better then 6mbps down tops from ATT..

There is satellite but I've only read bad reviews from power users.

That's kinda idiotic that you think I'm "broke ass" because of my current ISP.

If I had a choice it would be your suggested uber-sweet Verizon 9000,0000Mbps connection.
        Last edited by Phenom; 07-20-2012, 02:02 AM.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

I do not live in a crowded city area where you sacrifice personal space for luxuries like Verizon 9000,0000Mbps up/down/left/right.

I could be filthy rich and I still couldn't get anything better then 6mbps down tops from ATT..

If I had a choice it would be your suggested uber-sweet Verizon 9000,0000Mbps connection.
          DSL 6Mbit , oh wow I remember having that (before ATT decided offer LESS is MORE)
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yeah, I just got over a 5 month issue with them about high latency issues which they ALWAYS re-stated as "connection issues" which maybe that's how they categorize things but a connection is a connection and a ping is a ping, there's a difference.

I would constantly get horrid lag out of nowhere which would last for days.... weeks... then back to good ole crappy ATT DSL, then repeat.

After finally figuring out more then I should ever need to know about my DSL/Motorola 3360 modem I contacted second level ATT support tech which you shouldn't waste your time with technical issues with a first level tech, they're only there to take your money...but the second level tech was professional and had access to many more connection options.

I read about "interleaved" and "fastpath" datapaths and learned interleaved adds a type of error checking system to each packet to ensure data arrives smoothly if not always on time.

Fastpath on the other-hand sends data out and receives data without this "integrity check" of data packets so the transmission is faster, almost twice as fast now.

on it's slowest/worst day My old ISP Cox communication was better then the best day of AT&T service.

Needless to say, if you use DSL and feel your connection isn't what it should be maybe give fastpath a try. Though if you have a weak DSL signal then you can pretty much bet that fast path is going to be "shoveling m&m's into your internet connection's mouth" and will not worry if your connection is choking. It worked for me your mileage may vary. I do notice slight bit more instability on my line now but the performance increase beats the downfall 2x easy.

I still have a shitty connection though.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Comment

I dont live in a city. I live 19 miles from the nearest gas station. 24 miles from town. So i know about getting only 1 service, windstream is all i got to look at, but had it of been att i would not have them, they are not worthy enough to have my money.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                I dont live in a city. I live 19 miles from the nearest gas station. 24 miles from town. So i know about getting only 1 service, windstream is all i got to look at, but had it of been att i would not have them, they are not worthy enough to have my money.
                Indeed, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do to survive.

My Facebook notifications are HELLA important!
                and you know I'm all ping!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

im in north carolina right now on this CHARTER bullcrap.. it sucks.. ping spikes like no tomorrow and icon city.. Every server. I think my sister in law has the worst shit.. she only pays 38$ a month. pfft.. this crap sucks.

Comment

Most of the USA is still stuck in "We're the only Telco / Cable Company , hey!! Lets offer shitty services for even shittier pricing,it's not like they have an ALTERNATIVE to our service".

Example, 20 years ago aforemention Telco company drop initial 20million into expanding their buisness into area's that didn't use to have broadband internet access. 20 years have passed, the initial cost of investment has easily been met,and now all you have to look forward to buisness wise, is straight profit. Is this passed onto the customers? Does the company start offering faster packages?
                    Shyaaaaa RIGHT.
                    GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Same shit soup day in day out. We are really slow country in terms of internet speeds.

Comment

GO NOW, bumping POST'S . COM.

Comment

att sucks. i hope they go out of business.
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                          att sucks. i hope they go out of business.
                          Yeah, I hope the cable company offers service to my area the second AT&T trips over their own pile of crap (ATT HIGH SPEED DSL) and decided to never use that crap again.

I miss my cable modem...
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

I miss cable too

I live nowhere near anything and am stuck with a t-mobile usb dongle. The speed is as much the 4g that they claim, as the dongle is physically a wooly mammoth. However, there are 2 things that I like about it:

1) Literally bring it anywhere, none of that roaming crap.
                            2) Unlimited internet for some kind of much-better-than-dial-up speed 39$ a month. (actual - $44)
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                              I miss cable too

I live nowhere near anything and am stuck with a t-mobile usb dongle. The speed is as much the 4g that they claim, as the dongle is physically a wooly mammoth. However, there are 2 things that I like about it:

1) Literally bring it anywhere, none of that roaming crap.
                              2) Unlimited internet for some kind of much-better-than-dial-up speed 39$ a month. (actual - $44)
                              No wonder u dont game online!

Comment

Working...
                              X