FreezeTag 8/8/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreezeTag 8/8/2012

It was a fn blast playing Freeze Tag tonite guys, even if we was plagued with a handful of RageQuit's. We constantly had 3v3 with potential 4v4 and larger but people kept going AFK (WTFOK).

It's too bad bedtime came, cuz I was enjoying myself Tomorrow morning im going to try and see if some A.M. players exist for 2v2 freezetag!

Rook, can have moveable players back. It really sux not being able to hide opponents.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

You might not get the chance. I was reading earlier today (by those nutty "dates mean something" people) that the 8th letter of the alphabet is H. So today is H/H, which ~obviously~ stands for Heil Hitler, and it is definite that we are going to have a catastrophic worldwide false flag attack.

LMAO!

I'm dead serious that I read that somewhere. Probably in the infowars comments.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

yeah, i had fun winning and mvp'ing every match i played in as well. 2v2 freezetag is as pointless as 1v1v1. 2v2 goes like this - first guy to get frozen, the other team (both of them) sit on him so he can't be unfrozen. literally camp the frozen guy.

3v3 or more freezetag, is fun beyond belief, the camping still happens, but once ppl started figuring out they should concentrate on thawing your partner instead of trying to survive a 2v1, that was some seriously good stuff.

lets try to have 6 or so ppl on atleast every other nite, i'm good for every night (for the most part) after 11:30 pm. Those who haven't played yet, need to, it sincerely is a nice revamp on CA. And has the potential to incorporate enough strategy to satisfy the DM'ers that despise CA.
      "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

How do I sign up for this?

Do I need Qrack?

What's the server address and how do I connect to it?

Is this going to consume my bandwidth like Ms Pac*Man consumes pellets?

I'm a noob, but I catch on fast.

Comment

fire up any client you wish, press ~ to bring down the console
          type
          connect cax.quakeitup.com
          type commands in the console after you connect.
          type freezetag to change to freezetag mode.
          call your friends to join the server and play!

Mindz: I finished my 6pack, ate dinner, drank some wine, woke up on the couch about 3am...
          I'll bring back the bounce-able players I thought I reverted that before I started drinking....
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            fire up any client you wish, press ~ to bring down the console
            type
            connect cax.quakeitup.com
            type commands in the console after you connect.
            type freezetag to change to freezetag mode.

Mindz: I finished my 6pack, ate dinner, drank some wine, woke up on the couch about 3am...
            I'll bring back the bounce-able players I thought I reverted that before I started drinking....
            Woo Hoo holy shit Rook, you've unleashed a beast !!!!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Ok, just updated the server. Players are bounced again. Also in water the frozen player gently starts to float. Mindz you'll have to test your floating frozen guy thing to see if that's fixed too!

Comment

Ok, just updated the server. Players are bounced again. Also in water the frozen player gently starts to float. Mindz you'll have to test your floating frozen guy thing to see if that's fixed too!
                FN AWESOME !!!! So, no more "hidden at H20" , also this makes H20 the safest place to heal your team mates, based soley what I've read in your post!! I'll be ready to be back to testing later today for sure!

Comment

If your teammate is in the water long enough, he will float to the top. Not the easiest to unfreeze them as they kinda bob around.

Comment

If your teammate is in the water long enough, he will float to the top. Not the easiest to unfreeze them as they kinda bob around.
                    Maybe I'm invisioning the wrong thing w/ the whole bobbing around. I'm imagining a static bobbing action like a Buoy in the Ocean would bob up n down in the same spot.

Comment

I don't know y'alls number

--------------------

I am still curious about how much bandwidth this is going to eat. Mine is limited.

--------------------

press ~ to bring down the console
                      I'm not THAT much of a noob....lol
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-08-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                        I don't know y'alls number

--------------------

I am still curious about how much bandwidth this is going to eat. Mine is limited.

--------------------

I'm not THAT much of a noob....lol
                        I could play 1hour interval's with reset data trans counter's at zero,and report back to you how much data I go through in 1 hour of gaming, I could even compare RQ to CAx. I use a Win7 gadget for that stuff, normally just so I can witness what speeds im getting, but it can also track total usage. Although,rest assured, watching a TV show over the internet,or some YouTube crap, uses waaaaaay more....

We're talking 1 YouTube video = epic amounts of more data COST,even if your watching 240p lol.

Comment

Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                            Great stuff.
                            Bruce. Time to FreeeeeeezeTag

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                              Great stuff.
                              I have a new. Version of qrack that has the polygon shell when u freeze
                              That I can upload later

Comment

Working...
                              X