Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing (in action)

Hi!

Here I thought to make the wall of missing people (friends/champs/legends/etc.) from Q1.

Most recent

TV (TurtleVan)
    Mr.Green

Ya where the fok is TV and at the same time Baker was honest to announce he was planing to go away (for a short time but who knows). Doe's anyone saw it's signature message (the new one)?

Most missed

WL (Wicked_Lord)

Most anticipated

Ler (Lerster)

Most confusing

Seven (seems he can't quit anymore hehe)

Please give your comments with your "most" important people missing at Q1... do it NOW it's a fokin order!

Originally posted by Mom View Post
    ...Seven (seems he can't quit anymore hehe)
    Given his massive contribution and the good natured way in which he supports the Quake Community, let's hope that for all our sakes the likes of Seven , WebAngel and Oopee continue. The same goes for Baker but I have a feeling he'll be back

The people I tend to miss are not so much the "frag-at-all-costs" Quake Diva's but those that, when treated with the respect we should afford to all our opponents in Quake, tended to try and make a quake server a nice and friendly place to be and play our favourite game. For example:
    D'Rouen_TU (complete with fly flapper),
    Fuzznut_TU
    [DC]Fodder
    [DC]Plodder
    Buurvrouw (<-- sadly she moved over to the "dark side" and plays QW )
    Quadraptor
    L3ftism
    [GC]Mayan
    Polarite (Haven't seen him in weeks and the blood is almost drying on Bigfoot for the first time)
    Dude (as above)
    Ingrid (Peg's woman If it wasn't for her playing her part Peg wouldn't be such a chilled out guy)

I'm sure there are many others I may have forgotten but let's hope that, with the ongoing improvements to clients to make it increasingly easier to get online and play, they will see their way clear to come back and join in the fun

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Polarite and his FFANY server has disappeared ;/ Wasn't D'Rouen the sister of Dank Nugs?
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hi Mindzy,

I recall that Nikola was D's daughter but that's news to me
        Yes I noticed FFany has disappeared which is a pity as it was one of the key places to go to play against my American friends (looks at Fuzzy). I say play, it was more a case of me exploding horribly but you get the idea
        If i catch pol on one of the servers I'll try and find out if it's coming back. Just a thought but it's one of the Earthquake servers in that area? FFAny would be a tough act to follow but that server might do for the time being?

Kind regards

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I just want to know what happened to my philipina lover Sheryl
          My Little Computer
          Intel Core i7 3770K processor 3.5 4 LGA 1155
          ASUS Deluxe Intel Z77 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z77-V DELUXE
          Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
          Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000 Power Supply
          Blue-ray DVD burner
          OCZ-Vertex Solid State ATA Hard Drive 30 gigs
          Hitachi ATA Hard Drive 1TB
          Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
          Windows 7 Ultimate x64
          Sony Surround Sound 5.1
          Cyborg M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse
          The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

Comment

spooker_tu

Comment

Wolv + Solecord = Win

Originally posted by Mom View Post
              at the same time Baker was honest to announce he was planing to go away (for a short time but who knows). Doe's anyone saw it's signature message (the new one)?
              Someone with talent, passion and interest needs to do news here.

This is a great community that keeps producing nice stuff.

I've seen a few threads about this topic. Personally --- and not that my opinion should matter that much ---

If you are looking for someone who has talent, passion, competence and the interest to do news and admin'ing right ... that person is:

1. WOLV

With the 2nd and 3rd choices in my book --- which again shouldn't matter --- are:

2. PlanetNine (aka Disco Rockstar)
              3. MasterSplinter.

Sure occasionally Wolv has been a pain in the ass at times, but Mindzy can probably remember I was a pita in the distance past (and Mindzy and I were both pita).

Why Wolv? He's started 2 sites, is passionate about Quake, is graphically talented, has excellent communication skills. And a sense of humor.

His sites just don't get enough traffic for him to make a difference, but he deserves the right to see what his ideas can do with enough traffic in my opinion as a patriot of the game.

If Wolv isn't interest or if some other reason prevents Solecord from thinking that could work, Planetnine is a hands-down easy choice if he is interesting in that.

Mastersplinter is also someone with diverse communication skills and talent.

My 2 cents shouldn't matter. I'm just offering up insight. I'm not "gone" and I'm sure I'll do engine updates and stuff in the future, but my time for doing news or helping admin the forums is something of the past.

All I'm trying to do here is explain why I think Wolv would be great at this. Wolv was a forum favorite class act and awed us with graphics before he started having issues with how the forum was moderated and how Kimp was handled.

One opinion maybe even wrong.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I would do news feeds, but i stepped back from all that years ago, simply because i have a big mouth, and late night postings prove my unruly side.
                Wolv could but i would votew a step up for Mindz. He's here every day.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

DankNugs+Steph , my bad bro.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    I would do news feeds, but i stepped back from all that years ago, simply because i have a big mouth, and late night postings prove my unruly side.
                    Wolv could but i would votew a step up for Mindz. He's here every day.
                    I don't mind doing things for this community, but clearly I would need some guidance in the beginning. Are their news submissions occuring that never get noticed? I know people post stuff in the forums all the time,but this website has a submit news section if I recall correctly.

who currently recieves that info, when news is submitted ?

Comment

I tried creating a newpost in the Site News section, didn't have appropriate access. Now that I think about it, I could easily just review past news submissions to get the idea of what news should look like / plenty of examples available.

Comment

What I see for this and for everything around is a lake of "leaders" that are officials in a specific role (situation/responsability/in charge).

If this could be a good occasion to think about what go to be done and have official people put in charge... and then at the same time this would achieve the "team" (new) status.

I'd sugget you guys to look for a backup... for example Mindz could do the news but R00k could help... then that would be a team.

Same for Solecord someone else should "second" him.

I don't know exactly who does what but you could jump on the opportunity to create a new team with leaders/seconds to make quakeone.com more dynamic.

I guess of a total of only 10 people can "manage" the place with a 1 year contract hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          I don't mind doing things for this community, but clearly I would need some guidance in the beginning. Are their news submissions occuring that never get noticed? I know people post stuff in the forums all the time,but this website has a submit news section if I recall correctly.

who currently recieves that info, when news is submitted ?
                          A news post is just a post in the news forum.

Which I always spiced up with html fancy fancy, but when Frenzy did it he didn't bother with that (as far as I know).

If you want fancy video, you'd look through the site news and find a new item with video, click "Edit" and copy the whole thing, and then paste it in your new post editing the URL.

Etc, etc. It really isn't hard except you want to edit it to look right.

But even though I'm posting this info, the question is "Is this a role you want?" If yes, fine. But if you do news, this needs to be something you *want* to do of your own desire and own free will, not because R00k volunteered you.

QuakeOne.com gets an amount of traffic which is really criminal --- and is in the top 0.1% of web sites even on a bad day with neglect and this will continue for a long, long time --- our community needs to be taken care ... we deserve it, we've earned it.

Someone with passion needs to step up.
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I would like to say thanks to Baker for all he did and also to retire with elegance... I means he's "passing" the flag while taking care of it... that is great leadership to take care of its own successor (not always easy depending of the circumstances... I remember Clinton @ Bush with the Florida State situation).

This could be interesting to have a new thread with title like "Open Position".... who would you recommend for Editor.

To have the secion "Open Position" for other positions and when position is already filled with possibilities to applid to "second".

Now back to people missing (in action)...

What's the most missing guy you should tell?

Comment

Ya I just thought about it and I really think Baker or anyone who knows what to say should have a "Front Page New" called:

Open Positions

In the relevant threads there should be a vote system.

Editor Postion
                              With a vote system for example Mindz (editor) & R00k (second).

Other postions
                              With or without a vote system but with roles/responsabilities description. These position could be kept for 1 year minimum and someone on top of it should always remain for the last decision in case of conflict with this "new" staff (if not democractic with a vote system again).

Ya that would make a great news... Open Position... A last one Baker but try to make something with goals that are realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X