Cartographer's Nightmare Official Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartographer's Nightmare Official Trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dhXXnZQhcw]KillPixel's "Cartographer's Nightmare" [Official Trailer] - YouTube[/ame]

Watch in HD for 1080p of pixelated goodness.

What's up QuakeOne? I've been away for a few months doing lifey things. I decided to get back to working on this map which I haven't touched in like 3 months. Some time ago I started making this trailer because somewhere in between 100 to 200 hours of a map making marathon my brain started to hurt. Plus, I wanted to try my hand at video editing and do some music. Making a trailer seemed like an obvious choice.

I just now slapped the rest of it together, as it started turning into work (which I don't need more of). Much of the footage is old, but whatever... that's what happens when you record stuff in the middle of a project.

The intent of this trailer is not to generate awareness or hype (even though that's the purpose of trailers...), or bring some sort of contrived pressure upon myself, it was just a fun little project. It's nifty and Quake related, hope ya dig it.

The map is coming along well. It plays like the bastard child of Doom 3 and Quake, with a few nods to Doom I & II thrown in there. After it's all said and done, while mowing down about 200-250 enemies, it should take the average player about 30 minutes to complete. Woot.

EDIT: Oya, gonna try to finally finish the z-fixed maps, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about those!
    Last edited by KillPixel; 04-27-2013, 09:47 AM.
    www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Bump (sorry, had to).

Comment

lol at the fake reviews at the end of the clip
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        lol at the fake reviews at the end of the clip
        Hehe... I think I had more fun making those than anything else

Comment

they gave me a good laugh
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Looks interesting. Love the video too
            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-27-2013, 02:03 PM.
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

i do not know if you have talent like mapper -the map looks very nice -, but you have talent to make trailers!! is AWESOME!!
              the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Really good job on the trailer!
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Cool, glad you guys dug it. Was a fun little project.

Comment

Nice trailer man! The reviews at the end had me laughing out loud, I don't usually do that when I read something funny. Nice.
                    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
                    X