Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 insane theories about the universe!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpDfvOcle0[/ame]
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZlu5Ckecc]Are We Living In A Holographic Universe? - YouTube[/ame]

ohhhhhh FUCK YEAH,WARP MY PERCEPTION OF THE UNIVERSE. SOOOO FN READY BRO!!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

This is fucking epic
      Steam: Dirty Panties

Comment

yeah, it's all a projection but, if I stop eating projected food, I'll die. That's one hell of a projector.

Science needs to stop messing with the ludicrous stuff and get back to what it is good at... not curing anything, taking the nature out of "natural foods", and developing swine/bird flu.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Even so, it is an interesting theory. But its just that, a theory.
          There are tons of weird theory's but this one is just one that surfaced. :v I love hearing about stuff like this.
          Steam: Dirty Panties

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            yeah, it's all a projection but, if I stop eating projected food, I'll die. That's one hell of a projector.

Science needs to stop messing with the ludicrous stuff and get back to what it is good at... not curing anything, taking the nature out of "natural foods", and developing swine/bird flu.

lol, you're a fuckin troll at times. but why would you troll science?I mean honestly, science has done so much that you and I both know yours/my life would/could have either been complete shit, or we wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for ludicrous science.

If you don't know that, then that's your problem. I'd prefer you remain ignorant rather than join my ranks as well.

Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-03-2014, 11:40 AM. Reason: added a missing word, the word was ->rather<-

Comment

This theory is often presented in a way that makes people think of holographic images we see like this...

But it's much more useful to think of the holographic universe in terms of a galactic quantum computer that stores the universe engine code. Once this engine is run it's projection is much like what you'd experience if you were inside a game of quake in the sense that you would be bound by the game logic used in the game engine and quake C code. Same for the universe. The "projection" we see is literally the game code realized. Why can we touch things? Same reason you can pick up items in Quake. The universe code has certain laws and mechanisms programmed in to allow for such interactions between objects. We call these the laws of physics. (In quake techincally all entities are always there even when you pick them up. They just simply go invisible when you pick them up)

Thinking of it in terms of holograms gives the impression you are looking at an image that you cannot interact with directly. In reality you are living inside of that simulation and thus are bound by any and all rules subject to the experience. Looking at a hologram from the outside you are an outside observer and not part of the simulation so for you the hologram is not real. Same thing happens when you play quake. Obviously Quake is just information stored in your hard drive, but with the right engine and display you can see the world realized on your screen. The characters in it, assuming the quake guy had AI that allowed for this type of thinking, wouldn't know the difference . To him, the quake world is his reality and thus his interactions in that world are to him, very real. But to us, it is obviously a simulation of a world that isn't real. Hope this gives a better perspective of the idea of holographic universe. It doesn't mean the world is any less real to us, just perhaps an outside observer not bound by the rules of our little game universe.

If this turns out to be true, it would help to answer so many nagging questions in quantum mechanics and could very well pave the road for a unified theory. Personally I think quantum theory works best when taking into consideration quantum information theory. The only other alternative that actually works with our current mathematically understanding would be many worlds. I find that theory much less elegant than quantum information theory. For an example of this you could check out the double slit experiment. The math behind this indicates only two possibilities. Either a quantum information theory or many worlds.

This is an interesting talk on the subject.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc[/ame]
              Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-03-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
                This theory is often presented in a way that makes people think of holographic images we see like this...

But it's much more useful to think of the holographic universe in terms of a galactic quantum computer that stores the universe engine code. Once this engine is run it's projection is much like what you'd experience if you were inside a game of quake in the sense that you would be bound by the game logic used in the game engine and quake C code. Same for the universe. The "projection" we see is literally the game code realized. Why can we touch things? Same reason you can pick up items in Quake. The universe code has certain laws and mechanisms programmed in to allow for such interactions between objects. We call these the laws of physics. (In quake techincally all entities are always there even when you pick them up. They just simply go invisible when you pick them up)

Thinking of it in terms of holograms gives the impression you are looking at an image that you cannot interact with directly. In reality you are living inside of that simulation and thus are bound by any and all rules subject to the experience. Looking at a hologram from the outside you are an outside observer and not part of the simulation so for you the hologram is not real. Same thing happens when you play quake. Obviously Quake is just information stored in your hard drive, but with the right engine and display you can see the world realized on your screen. The characters in it, assuming the quake guy had AI that allowed for this type of thinking, wouldn't know the difference . To him, the quake world is his reality and thus his interactions in that world are to him, very real. But to us, it is obviously a simulation of a world that isn't real. Hope this gives a better perspective of the idea of holographic universe. It doesn't mean the world is any less real to us, just perhaps an outside observer not bound by the rules of our little game universe.

If this turns out to be true, it would help to answer so many nagging questions in quantum mechanics and could very well pave the road for a unified theory. Personally I think quantum theory works best when taking into consideration quantum information theory. The only other alternative that actually works with our current mathematically understanding would be many worlds. I find that theory much less elegant than quantum information theory. For an example of this you could check out the double slit experiment. The math behind this indicates only two possibilities. Either a quantum information theory or many worlds.

This is an interesting talk on the subject.

The Quantum Conspiracy: What Popularizers of QM Don&#39;t Want You to Know - YouTube
                DING DING DING DING DING!
                Very well put, you couldn't have explained it any better!

Stephen Hawking: ?The Absence of Event Horizons Means There are No Black Holes"

I find all of this beyond fascinating, and the best part? There is a real chance that a unified theory will be found in my lifetime. That's fucking awesome!

Comment

I heard a rumor that we're on an event horizon of a four-dimensional (or more?) black hole.

Comment

i have a theory, you are all just a figment of my existence.

branching off the, 'i think, therefore i am' oh wait i mean, i think you are therefore you are.

no wait, i mean ...

I know you, are but what am i?!

so, there!
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Gah.

Comment

@join my ranks as well

lol...you post videos made by other people on subjects you couldn't possibly hold a literate discussion on. Not to mention that my opinion (2 cents) never has to agree with yours nor does it's opposition to yours make me a troll.

Learn how to debate or maybe just go back to worrying if Trent Resnor lost 7.5 cents due to some silly video you made.

join your ranks Indeed. You can't even spell or form a complete sentence. I'm dumbfounded for why you would take my opinion personally but apparently it's real important to you that I go along to get along and suppress my own opinions (true or not) in order to satisfy a conformity which you expect but, doesn't actually exist.
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 09-05-2014, 09:31 AM.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I posted about this theory when it was piping hot off the press out a year ago stfu.<3
                          no seriously I have a huge hardon for science,I know it and I thank you for your attention.
                          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-05-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                            i have a theory, you are all just a figment of my existence.

branching off the, 'i think, therefore i am' oh wait i mean, i think you are therefore you are.

no wait, i mean ...

I know you, are but what am i?!

so, there!

So I'm just your deep repressed idea of updating/releasing Qrack for Linux?
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                              @join my ranks as well

lol...you post videos made by other people on subjects you couldn't possibly hold a literate discussion on. Not to mention that my opinion (2 cents) never has to agree with yours nor does it's opposition to yours make me a troll.

Learn how to debate or maybe just go back to worrying if Trent Resnor lost 7.5 cents due to some silly video you made.

join your ranks Indeed. You can't even spell or form a complete sentence. I'm dumbfounded for why you would take my opinion personally but apparently it's real important to you that I go along to get along and suppress my own opinions (true or not) in order to satisfy a conformity which you expect but, doesn't actually exist.
                              being opinionated and

are different things....

your response was either mockery of the subject or me. either one you carried a tote full of sarcasm in with you. I'm not as oblivious as you would imagine, although nice swipe. Your response to my post was less than serious,as was my response to you. I'm serious like sirrius radio brah!

Have you checked out Star Talk Radio?

StarTalk Radio Show by Neil deGrasse Tyson | Science, pop culture & comedy collide on StarTalk w/ astrophysicist & Hayden Planetarium director Neil deGrasse Tyson, comic co-hosts, celebrities & scientists.
                              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-05-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X