X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

behold!

the vinyl deck i was working on is done
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@talisa

You are something else! Fantastic work both of you! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

The model is nice Talisa, the texture could perhaps benefit from some more love

Perhaps more shades of grey and some blue accents to offset that orange.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I'm just glad it didn't end up being pink ^_^ lol, I kept inner thoughts to myself and just waited. Glad I waited now
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

lol mindz

if it woulda been any fancy color i wouldve gone with purple though.
            pink is also great, but my fave color is purple

@GB
            the original deck which my model is based on has logo's on front and sides and on top, which helps make the item look less boring.

i might at some time add my own version of those logo's
            Last edited by talisa; 09-26-2014, 05:35 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Turntable looks good Tal.

If the visual contrast stays this way, does your poly budget allow you to add much? Can more polys be added to all the round geometry (buttons, t-table, legs) to lose the faceted look?

Comment

@godling
                no, the model is already 3,5K polys as it is and the model is for use in a game.
                i already went quite nuts with details of most parts, i cant be adding any more polys

if the model was purely for rendering i definitely wouldve made those parts more rounded but since the model is for use in game
                and is already 3,5K polys which is already a ton of polys for an in-game model (most fully fledged characters in games arent even this much polys),
                i cant be adding even more polys
                Last edited by talisa; 09-26-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

A classic Quake weapon with a polygon update (before/after) and a new lick of pixel paint ...

Additional info : Texture changed from 308x94 to 128x128 and model changed from 200 to 450 because I cut and welded overlapping surfaces

Comment

@sock
                    looks good! nice faithfull update to my fave quake-weapon <3

reminds me a lot of the authentic improved monsters from capnbubs
                    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...provement.html

Comment

@sock
                      Nice.
                      I really like the look, the crossbar, bolts and contrasting colours.

Were you tempted to round off the square edges at the front of the barrels also?
                      Or would that have been a step too far?
                      Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

@sock

This is quite nice! BTW, you're level design is sick! Always looking forward to your additions!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          Were you tempted to round off the square edges at the front of the barrels also?
                          I certainly know what you mean, the front of the weapon does look really sharp and angular like it has been mash together in a low tech workshop, but I think that is part of the charm of the weapon, it feels harsh and medieval.

Here is some more model updates, new ammo boxes with optional lid model and different poses for gun casings etc.

and some different skins I was playing around with for a tech mod idea

Comment

Hello sock,

A very good idea for the ammo boxes to make them partially open and have the ammo lies beneath them. I like them a lot.

I have read in the past that several people helped you with modeling (Necros, Lunaran, ..). Are you still a team ? What are your next goals/projects ? ITS has its own ammo boxes, so I assume this is for something divVerent ?

Thank you.

Comment

@Seven, yeah the ammo boxes are fun to see in maps, I have both tech and medieval versions. I have them in my test maps with random rotate every time the map is loaded, feels very organic like they have just been abandoned.

**Deleted Link**
                              Last edited by sock; 10-06-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard a spider landing on the ground, but those thing land as loudly as a shotgun being fired! how heavy are they?!?

those look vaugely like the hexen2 spiders. I hope they're not ripped from that game.
                                Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                                X