Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vengeance R2 screenshot

Click for larger view

This is from the Vengeance R2 Quake engine by Entar. It has a scriptable particle system and otherwise I am completely at loss to explain what this is a screenshot of, but it looks friggin cool!

http://entar.quakedev.com/
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Fascinating. I'll have to download it when I get home.

Comment

Aye

Scriptable particle system. In that shot I set the explosion to have these little trails that shoot out of it, with particles that fall. Then I made them all use pm_normal physics (same as blood) so they stick to walls and the floor when they hit. And of course I varied the colors a little.
      A signature? Oh dear.

Comment

Some more screenshots of Entar's Vengeance R2 engine off his site. The reflectivity feature is one of the most widely known features.

And I had never seen this one before ...

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Nice... How do you people do this?!

Comment

Entar is from Arizona, I think it has something to do with the heat...

It is fun to toy with the particles script though... When I fire a rocket in VenR2 I never know if the explosion effect is gonna fill the room, create a fog, leave gas trails, or shower me with sparks. Let alone which color(s) it will be...
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
            X