Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quakeone "Coat of Arms" or "Family Crest" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quakeone "Coat of Arms" or "Family Crest" ?

What do you think, would this be a cool idea?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Sure. Zany idea, but might look cool.

What would be on it? Monkeys and rocket launchers?
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
      Sure. Zany idea, but might look cool.

What would be on it? Monkeys and rocket launchers?
      I have no clue, lol. All I know is that every example I have ever seen has been extremely elaborate.

Maybe Fiends/Vores/Shamblers/ETC
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

hmm.... it could be interesting to have a custom logo to set out site apart
        wouldnt have any clue though how a logo for quakeone would look

perhaps something akin to that group-pic thing fraggers did long ago?

and with all the monsters cut out and put onto a transparent background,
        and perhaps have some effect put over it to make them look like gold?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

When i think of a coat of arms, i think of something like this:

maybe have a different monster on each side,and the top. replace the crown with a quad, add some symbolage to the shield. something like that.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Syluxguy28O3 View Post
            When i think of a coat of arms, i think of something like this:

maybe have a different monster on each side,and the top. replace the crown with a quad, add some symbolage to the shield. something like that.
            that is precisely what I had in mind, but unfortunately I'm not on that level of artistry

It would be really cool if someone commissioned themselves (aka free) to bring something like that to fruition. Sylux ,do you have any peers taking Art class by any chance?

Comment

sadly not, i had 1 or 2 buds in art, but i haven't spoken to them in a few years. I'm sure that someone here has the talent to do is, just a matter of finding them.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

The coat of arms is actually just the shield, the stuff around the fringes like animals etc is usually exclusive to royals etc.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                  The coat of arms is actually just the shield, the stuff around the fringes like animals etc is usually exclusive to royals etc.
                  quake is royalty
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I would love to give it a try.

I don't go to art school or anything, but I can be pretty creative. I will mess around with PdN and see if I can put something together. No promises, but I'll try and keep everyone posted

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
                      I don't go to art school or anything, but I can be pretty creative. I will mess around with PdN and see if I can put something together. No promises, but I'll try and keep everyone posted

Hey, you are already +1 above the rest of us for even attempting it.
                      I wouldn't even know how to approach it, short of copy pasting stuff and assembling it in a collage and even then, I wouldn't know how to polish the effort.

It's so far out of my wheel house lol.

Comment

A quake symbol in place of the sheild. Two shamblers on either side of the symbol in place of the lion and the unicorn. Crossed rocket launchers below the quake symbol.

Ammo and health packs arranged where the greenery is.

In a banner across the bottom : "Commoti vivere, quae contremiscent vivere"

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                          A quake symbol in place of the sheild. Two shamblers on either side of the symbol in place of the lion and the unicorn. Crossed rocket launchers below the quake symbol.

well, that sounds good.
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post

whats the quote? I could get the translator but you are more easily trusted source to translate correctly

Comment

i was curious about the quote as well,i had just assumed it was something fitting.
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                              X