A Little Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Movie

I made a little movie presenting the features of my Dark Places build. With my new non-linear joystick input transformation I attempt to do a steady cam style walk through of the Introduction hall and episode chamber.

https://youtu.be/m7G84x-q6uU

By the way, is there a way to turn off the notifications about "This hall selects the ... skill?"
    Last edited by Syber Raith; 02-18-2017, 02:17 PM.

Joystick looks pretty smooth, nice.

@skill select message

I could be wrong, but unless Darkplaces has a way to remove entities via script, then you can't turn it off without modifying the QC. Or altering the .map file and re-compiling. The message appears when you touch the trigger and are facing towards the end of the hall.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Hello Syber Raith,

This is the cvar you are looking for:
      scr_centertime 0

You obviously have some issues with your Quake setup. But as long as you are happy with it, it is OK.

Regards,
      Seven

Comment

Yes, the smoothness of the video gets a bit choppy, particularly when I'm translating on both x and y axes while turning the z axis. I completely rewrote the function that that polls the raw values from the joystick processes it and then sends the update to the engine. I handle all thee axes with one call to that function because the way I have they affect each other dynamically.

I suppose I could break it back up onto three calls again to see if that helps.

I also get a kind of surging in the speed. I think that has to do with the bobbing features.

What there something else you noticed?
        Last edited by Syber Raith; 02-19-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Awesome work!!!
          Best FPS's of All-Time: Quake, Goldeneye, Half-Life
          https://www.LFGdating.com

Comment

Working...
          X