Show us your Coding Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your Coding Project

In a similar way with the other two 'Show Us...' threads I decided,why not make another one?

So guys,show us your coding projects and stuff!
    Dude,lets party!
    Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

OT But look at the tags
    Dude,lets party!
    Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

I was working on a survival mode for RuneQuake last month. It spawns in monsters from deathmatch spawnpoints until you die. In multiplayer, you can respawn, but lose frags. Either way, you gain frags based on the monster you kill, ranging from 1 for zombies to 13 for a shambler. The code is a fork of RuneQuake, and so it allows voting off runes if you want, but you'll need them to get a good score.

https://github.com/slotzero/runequake/tree/survival
      server: quake.shmack.net:26003

I was looking for some ideas on where to take it, since it's entertaining to blow up endless monsters for a bit.

There are a few problems I'm still working on.
      1. It can get a bit wacky when you spawn in a room full of monsters.
      2. Custom maps are of an unknown size, so there can be too many, or too few monsters. I tried an algorithm that tests a couple hundred points in the map to get an idea of how big the map is, but the play area of a map doesn't have a lot to do with how much space there is (think very tall ceilings).
      3. I added a chance for two monsters to spawn when you kill one (stolen idea of "hydras" from Payday 2), and, like in PD2, monsters get stuck in walls all the time. I tried using the quake builtin walkmove(), but it always returns false.

Good luck, have fun.

Comment

As a web & mobile developer I love the idea of this thread - now if i could just find the time to start building my own Quake project lol
        Best FPS's of All-Time: Quake, Goldeneye, Half-Life
        https://www.LFGdating.com

Comment

Originally posted by bgf0302 View Post
          As a web & mobile developer I love the idea of this thread - now if i could just find the time to start building my own Quake project lol
          It's funny cause I find myself in a similar position, but I did start my own Quake project (that's why I signed up here after all). You should too!

@Zop, survival mode looks quite cool. I'm working on a shop system similar to Killing Floor's and modding a few new weapon behaviors to add variety (and something else to buy other than vanilla weapons!). My idea was to eventually expand it into some sort of survival mode since I like wave-based gameplay, but it looks like it's more than covered already

Best,
          wizardmachine

Comment

I imagine a shop system would make it akin to tower defense games where you kill enemies in order to upgrade your weapons?

Comment

@Zop
              Why RuneQuake and not some other engine?

edit: oh, it's QuakeC mod. Never mind.
              Last edited by vibok; 05-30-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X