Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaketastic Screens

image faded while list is hovered

QuaketasticScreens ver 0.65 (air captive)

Description:
    View all of the images in the quaketastic screen_shots/ directory with style.
    Execute the accompanying .bat file to start the application.

Controls:
    • CNTRL+S: save currently viewed picture to application image directory
    • PG_UP: move the list up by a page
    • PG_DN: move the list down by a page
    • F: full screen/restore
    • H: manually hide/show list
    • S: screen saver mode on/off
    • X: close application

Features/Attributes:
    • progress bar indication of currently requested image download status
    • images are pushed to library upon first request and then pulled from library upon further requests
    • smooth tween transitions on image change
    • list auto-hides upon mouse out and auto-appears upon mouse over
    • current image fades to 30% opaque when list is hovered to make the list easier to read
    • screen saver mode forces the app to full screen and transitions between library images at 10s intervals
    • pictures in the application image directory are loaded to the library on app load
    • app elements and images are resized and/or positioned appropriate to window dimensions
    • any picture can be placed in the image directory to be used in screen saver mode (inherent)
    • if one or more pictures exist in the image directory a random one will be displayed upon app execution
    • files of types other than png|jpeg|jpg|gif are automatically ignored
    • mouse scroll wheel can be used to scroll the list up/down
    • screen saver mode will toggle off if a new image is selected

Troubleshooting:
    As long as you are connected to the internet properly and quaketastic.com is running properly you should
    not have any troubles. If you do have troubles, make sure all connections are open.

FIXME
    files of gif format do not animate due to using the stock flash.display.Loader class

QuaketasticScreens ver 0.65 (air captive)
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-20-2017, 09:31 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Download link says:

Google Drive Error

"We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service."
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks baker...I bet its because it's an exe. I'll zip it and change the link. Just give me a second.

Comment

Same thing here. So, the Gypsy at Func_ is actually you! I had a hunch it was the case, precisely because of your post about the viewer. I recognized your style, buddy!

Question: when we can actually download it, will we be able to configure it for other websites/repositories or is it limited to Qtastic?
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

BAH! now it's telling me it has a virus...grrrr. There is no damn virus.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-17-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

https://www.virustotal.com/

Uses 50+ virus scanning services for a file to see what flags.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

This has to be false positives due to how I packed this but, I don't know about half this shit. The above is all the virus shit my app apparently contains...

sigh.

::gameface:: OK...I WILL be back and my shit will NOT have these fucking problems. I will make this an exe a different way...but it's going to bloat the shit out of it.

Comment

Those virus warnings are more than likely false positives. I just ported the whole project to as3, opened it in CS5 and published as a projector. I then scanned it on that site and it gave 3 Trojan warnings. Am I to believe that adobe is injecting viruses into their own projector? Of course not. However, I know another way to go that doesn't require wrapping a swf in an exe.

I'll be back. pbbbbt.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  I'll be back.
                  And if you could be back with an answer to my question from post #4, that would be nice... Thx.

Comment

Completely done and I am POSITIVE there is no virus bullshit...not even false positives. The OP has been updated.

I'm sorry about all this mess. I never considered a bunch of "virus" problems cause, well, I didn't put any damn viruses in it. I wouldn't know how to even if I wanted to (and I don't). I'm still pretty damn positive that there was never any actual viruses in the first place. It's probably just some bullshit due to wrapping a swf in an exe but, I don't want anybody to worry and lose confidence in my work or intentions so, I just ported the whole damn thing over from haxe to as3 and went more "native" with the executable creation. Of course I could have simply exported as a cpp executable from haxe but, I would have had to solve some stupid generic error first. I didn't feel like going down that road. CPP transpile probably hates something about my regex. I'm not fighting with all of that for this little app.

0 positive of 57 tests AND Google says it's safe (feel free to check it yourself)

@will we be able to configure it for other websites/repositories

Probably not. The reason is simple. You would have to find another site that is exposing their directory the same way as Quaketastic. My app works by stripping every link from the directory listing, filtering out non-image links and changing all the qualified links to "event" links for flash. When you click a link in my app it appends the quaketastic directory url to the href value of the link, downloads the image, pushes it to the lib and displays it. In order to use this for anything other than a server generated directory page would require it to be completely rewritten.

However if you know of another image directory like the quaketastic one and give me the link I will consider adding a little textbox that allows you to define other directories.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-17-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I have some more ideas for my little app. When I get home I'll start including them. I'm probably just wasting time on something that is already good enough but, I have other finished mini-projects that could be included in this pretty easily. Making it all one thing is more an inclusion process than anything.

One thing I think this definitely needs is some small unobtrusive progress bar. Sometimes images take longer than I like to DL and it makes it seem like the app froze. Since this is entirely based on the quality of your connection and not every connection is a fast one, a progress bar is pretty much a given.

Another reason I want to include more is the simple fact that this whole thing could be done in JavaScript and eliminate the need to download anything. I want to at least make it to where you can't just sit down for 1 hour and completely obsolete this with a browser version.

Why didn't I just make a browser version to begin with?

HTML, JavaScript & CSS plus frameworks to make it easier and universally accepted by all major browsers

Vs

AS3...and that's it

Too much dumb shit the browser way. Not to mention that due to how I am doing this JavaScript will probably complain about a lack of a cross domain policy so, I would probably have to add PHP to the list of languages in order to get around the sandbox. I'm not trying to turn my 1 class into the equivalent of a WordPress plugin
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-18-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                        However if you know of another image directory like the quaketastic one and give me the link I will consider adding a little textbox that allows you to define other directories.
                        I can't think of any at the moment but if I come across one I'll let you know. Thanks anyway.

Comment

@bfg

Is there something else you would like it to do within the realm of what it is?

I intend to put one more night of work into it. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Drawing on the image is out of the question, though. That would require way too much work just to make it at least as crappy as MSPaint.

Comment

Umm nope, nothing comes to mind except my previous question, but I'm not gonna ask you to rewrite the whole thing...

Comment

A few new features added. The original post has been updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X