Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Competition #1

I have started a movie competition

you can find the rules etc @ http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=360

The Mortuary Movie is in my (very) short list of Quake movies that I think are so good that even a non-Quake player would thoroughly enjoy.

Mortuary Quake Movie

I don't know how many players / groups of players have that level of movie skill, but I hope we see more of those kinds of movies.

The other 2 being:

The SDA Promo Video made by JoeQuake author Joszef Szalontai.

The Quake Done Quick video, just because they finish every Quake map in 12 minutes. (Video quality isn't really good by today's standards, but the skill is cool enough you can ignore that).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Just watched Mortuary

Very good skills in that, with some memorable frags (the best being the grenade through the grating on dm4 though).

However the opening music made me hopeful for better music... I heard Nile and I got excited, but then it turned to the old staple of Tool and onto average Soilwork =\ Be nice to hear some different music for a change... But the audio was mixed nicely as I could hear both the songs and the gameplay.

One thing I must say... I really dislike the texture and effects packs so many people seem to use these days... The textures have the personality of, well, they dont have any, and look out of place because theyre not made in consideration of the broad application that all of Quake's textures are used. The effects seem garish and over the top, distracting rather than fitting... I think thats one of the reasons I love DarkPlaces is its simply a better looking Quake to me. Either that or just run straight up GLQuake/GLQWCL at a high resolution... it looks far better then most of the replacements to my eyes.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

NILE!!! YESSS ANNIHALATION OF THE WICKED AND BLACK SEEDS OF VENGEANCE! Those are the two NILE albums I have. That band is unbelievable, you should watch the drummer!!

Too bad the song in that video was one of there softer ones. May I recommend Sacrifice Unto Sebek?
        Last edited by Monster; 03-17-2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Amongst the Catacombs of the Nephren-Ka is their best work if you ask me.

Ive got the video for that song actually... kind of a boring video, aside from seeing their new drummers heel-to-toe pedal technique.

The song was very well used for the circumstances, and served as a lovely intro. However I wouldve liked to hear some good heavy music for the remainder of the video, such as Stones of Sorrow.
          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Mort wanted a heavier soundtrack, but pez (vid editor) isn't that much of a metal-head.

Could have been even less heavy too, considering the first editor I found for Mort (who came to be replaced by pez) wanted to use dance music...
            #Quake1

Comment

the soundtrack in Mortuality is perfect.

dance music in quake movies? it's very hard to combine..
              techno/electro stuff is acceptable though
              one quake to rule them all.

Comment

Working...
              X