Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audacity

this is an open question to anyone who uses Audacity

i was nearly finished with my Quake broadcast, just doing some last minute editing, and the fuckin power blinked out. Audacity says that i can manually recover the broadcast before the power went out, but i have no idea how. anyone know?

Sounds more like a "sucks to be you" situation. Unless you saved before hand you're pretty much screwed.

Sorry : /
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

well, i saved, but i was only half-way finished, and looking back on it...

...i think im just gonna redo the whole fuckin thing.

goddamn electricty.

Comment

I'm probably too late now....but Audacity has a folder in which it puts everything temporarily as it records. You won't have lost more than a few seconds of audio, if that. You need to search your computer for .au files. Audacity has a folder it defaults to putting the temporary stuff in - you should change that to one you want and remember for the future if anything goes wrong. I'm not on here that often, so sorry it took me so long to reply.

What quake broadcast is this? A podcast or what? if not - anyone want to help me do a quake podcast?

Comment

Originally posted by trumad View Post
          What quake broadcast is this? A podcast or what? if not - anyone want to help me do a quake podcast?
          Clicky

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
            Yeah, thanks, i downloaded that. I was kind of thrown by how Death Knight kept calling it a "broadcast" and the fact that it's in ogg format. this means I can't carry it around on my mp3 player, which is kind of the reason Adam Curry and the Dave Winer came up with podcasting.

But no matter - it's still Quake news in audio format and it's been great so far! And Quadcast is the best possible name for a quake podcast!

Comment

Trumad, if you're not informed. I'm the creator of the Quake Radio program fad that's going on right now. I did 2 seasons of Quake Radio (Qradio) before retiring it. DeathKnight has shown up with his new program.

Listen to some of them in the Download section. I'm not as big an ass kisser as DK (: P! jk jk)
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

oh, um...i did make an MP3 format of the thing if you would rather have that. its also on that file page. ill try to link it later.

btw, i didnt intend for Quad-cast to mean quake podcast. i just thought itd be a cool name for a Quake-related broadcast show. quake broadcast....quad-cast.

Comment

you really should do it in mp3 podcast form you know....In fact, I'm doing podcasting for my final year university project, and I have to figure out how RSS works - so how about I make a feed for your podcast and advertise it on various podcast communities? I'll just download your shows (you let me know when they're done or whatever) and I'll put them in a feed for people to (handy this) download automatically and transfer onto their mp3 player automatically.

Or you can have control of the feed yourself - which would be better. I'm not sure how this would work, but I need to work all this out to write a halfway decent project this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X