The Devil's Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Devil's Covenant

So, on wikipedia it mentions the devil's covenant as a Quake movie you can watch - so I downloaded and installed it

http://www.machinima.com/films.php?id=47
    http://phantasm.planetquake.gamespy.com/film2.html

as well as all the paks it needed to run. In the batch files included, I changed "quake" to "glpro", but proquake said it can't play from the demo. I tried it in darkplaces too.
    What am I missing here?

Those things are usually a mess. I'll help you get it to run sometime this evening if someone else doesn't provide instructions.

I hate complicated "Quake movies" from the 1990's that require a whole ton of convoluted things to make it work --- but that was before YouTube and big bandwidth.

/Someone ought to convert those kind of things and upload them to YouTube to spare the hassles .. it's even worse when the "movie" sucks and wasn't worth the time and effort, hehe.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Update: This thing is a mess beyond belief. The demos referenced in the bat files aren't even in the pak files and the demos in the pak files need models that aren't in the zip or the pak files. I only used the supplied pak0.pak as the File Planet links don't work for me, I had to get the pak0.pak from your first link.

Maybe sometime I'll be able to reverse engineer the correct FilePlanet links to the other pak files and maybe it will work ?
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yeah - I'm actually thinking of youtubing some of them - except that they're too long to put on there. I guess it could do it in parts, though. Nehahra has avis and so does blahbalicious, but the last time I downloaded blahbalicious it was the original quake client 320X200 resolution they recorded it in! ugh!

But I'm Irish. I have access to broadband but am mostly on dialup. So I like to download the original quake files for this sort of thing and watch them later. Youtube sucks the bandwidth I could be using for downloading stuff to watch later - so I only usually use broadband to get things that are useful later, not things which last for the moment (like a youtube video).

If you check out the devil's covenant on machinma there are about 8 pages of it...I have no idea why and it's very confusing. Next time I get on broadband and can stand watching more movie trailers I'll give it a proper go myself. And yeah - is it worth it for those 1990s movies? I made a CustomTF vid ( http://www.skynet.ie/~leanaht/ctfdtf2s.zip ) and I'm very interested in making more comedy stuff, possibly with less music and more dialogue. If anyone wants to join me (I'll have access to 24/5 broadband from february) let me know!

Thanks for your help, Baker. Don't go away and play source anytime soon!

Comment

Working...
        X