Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Quake Grave #90 - Temple of Azathoth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quake Grave #90 - Temple of Azathoth!

Just uploaded a brand new episode of The Quake Grave featuring a map just released this week, Temple of Azathoth. It's a cool red, dark, runic style map with some really fun gameplay.

Original Map Post:
    http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=61521

If you want to watch even more Quake Grave, the playlist with all of the episodes is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2zDqCz5KF6HaJ9

Update: Just realized I accidentally put #90, this is supposed to be episode #190!
    Last edited by ArrrCee; 10-23-2017, 11:22 AM.

Saw this map the other day, gonna give a go and then watch your vid! As always, thanks for posting. Looking forward to it.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Agreed. Always a fan of the Quake Grave Might be nice to also see some mods explored too at some point ?

Keep up the good work Arrrcee

Kind regards

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
        Agreed. Always a fan of the Quake Grave Might be nice to also see some mods explored too at some point ?

Keep up the good work Arrrcee

Kind regards

Monty
        Thank you Dutch and Mr.Burns !

Mr.Burns Are there any mods you'd like to see specifically or would you like me to hunt around and find some unique ones?

Comment

Regarding mods for quake grave...you should check out Soul of Evil. What a great mod in the spirit of traditional quake gameplay. One of the first mods I played, very fun. Beware though, I remember it being pretty tough. And very long, it'll take more than one episode for sure.

Comment

Not to mention Nehhara... nehahra... neharha. That thing here -> https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/nehahra.html
            Also a great mod, the only one i know with cinematic cutscenes. Cinematic cutscenes of horrible quality. But back in the time i was stunned by it. Must have been a giant effort. And it's fun to play.

Ah, there are so many great mods out there.
            I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
            My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

ArrrCee Just watched the video, great job! 100% everything. I died at the same lava spot you did haha. Thought it was a safe ledge.

As for the map, I really enjoyed it. VERY nice geometry and I loved the lighting. I'm a big fan of the colored lights, they give the look of the game a fresh feel. I also thought the blend of runic and medieval textures was well done. Usually looks out of place but not so in this case. My only criticism is the lack of mobility some monsters had because of the geometry on the floors (the shamblers in the last room is the best example). All in all, a great ride. Well done to YukiRaven.

Comment

Thanks for the mod suggestions guys, I'm going to add these to my map request list and hopefully get to them soon! Soul of Evil and Nehahra both look pretty menacing.

Comment

Sorry Arrrcee, I've only just spotted that you responded to my earlier post and Dutch and KJ got in first with the 2 that I was going to suggest Darn it.
                  I suppose you could also take a look at Travail which was quite innovative for its time. Failing that you could always try some multiplayer mods like Painkeep, Runequake, RQuake Coop mod and its many converted SP maps, or Canadian Sniper's NewDM. Or alternatively maybe some helpful videos for new players on how to set quake up, how to add new maps, where to get new/old maps, how to add add eye candy to their engine, etc as I've had a few players tell me this sort of information can be a little scarce out there in the big old WWW These are just humble suggestions for material for you so feel free to use/ignore/mock them as you see fit

Kind regards
                  Monty
                  Last edited by Mr.Burns; 11-07-2017, 09:23 AM.
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Mr.Burns Ha! I'll never mock you Mr. Burns, you're always polite and full of good suggestions. I think your "how to videos" suggestion is a great idea because I often see a lot of these questions myself. Mostly on the Steam forums, but I do see them. Maybe I'll work these in come early 2018. Thanks Monty!

Comment

Working...
                    X