Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... and you thought you have a nice setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and you thought you have a nice setup.

... well, then think again:

Do not underestimate a 24-Monitor Quake
    read more here

This was me, when my owner made me that present:

that ruined my day...
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Just Wow.
      I would look the the same if I get this present
      Last edited by webangel; 08-01-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

i never thought that I have a nice setup
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I use a 32" sony led panel as my monitor... Had a friend who used his 50" plasma as his monitor and sat 4 feet from it.. I would have gotten all wireless mouse and keyboard instead of go blind or have intense eye pains.

Comment

Someone gave you that exact rig, Seven? I can only imagine how much electricity gets consumed.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I used my Toshiba DLP projector TDP-WX5400U set at 16' x 12' for mine. the bulbs cost 400$ and only lasted 1200 hours though.I got a year out of it and sold it when they told me the bulb cost.Sure was sweet.
                What video cards run 24 monitors?
                Last edited by bluntz; 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM.
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  Someone gave you that exact rig, Seven? I can only imagine how much electricity gets consumed.
                  Not really. I only found that pic by accident yesterday and wanted to share it.
                  Please click on the given link in the opening post and you will see and read more about this hell-machine.

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                  What video cards run 24 monitors?
                  The question is not "What video card", the question is "How many video cards".
                  Please follow the link above and see how many computers are necessary to achieve this.

But I of course agree to most of you...
                  It must lead to eye pains if you play with this setup, hehe.
                  But as you see again:
                  The Quake fans have the best/craziest ideas

Comment

Here's how this went down:

Boss: Uh, Seven, I need to talk to you? In private. There have been some ... uh ... changes ... around the company lately that I need to discuss with you.

Seven: Err?

Boss: As you know, the company is NOT doing well and ... well ... there is good news and bad news.

Seven: What's the bad news?

Boss: Your "computer guy" job has been outsourced and will be handled by "Dave" in India. Due to your hard work, I was able to retain you, but you'll be "Parking Lot Security" manager and make sure there is no fighting in the bathrooms and such.

Seven: So then what's the good news?

Boss: You'll have your own office and 24 monitors and we don't really monitor the security guys ... I mean ... they're the security!
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Not really. I only found that pic by accident yesterday and wanted to share it.
                      Please click on the given link in the opening post and you will see and read more about this hell-machine.

The question is not "What video card", the question is "How many video cards".
                      Please follow the link above and see how many computers are necessary to achieve this.
                      Seven, you said "This was me, when my owner made me that present", in english im pretty sure that meant when the Owner of that rig made you that PC a present (ie,giving to you,made it a present). Sorry, your post was leading me to believe some guy just up and gave you that setup. HA!

The system is driven by 12 linux servers (2 monitors per server) using Distributed Multihead X (DMX) and Chromium. Chromium distributes the OpenGL rendering from the head node to all of the servers.
                      That hardly tells me the real juicy info that I want to know, like what generation of gpu's or what chipset? Half ass review
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

shit ton of old Dells, so that would explain some hardware questions

Comment

Seven is Batman! That's new equipment for his batcave!
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            Seven, you said "This was me, when my owner made me that present", in english im pretty sure that meant when the Owner of that rig made you that PC a present (ie,giving to you,made it a present). Sorry, your post was leading me to believe some guy just up and gave you that setup. HA!
                            Mindf!3ldzX, this thread was just a fun-thread to show something cool-looking.
                            Sorry if I confused people.
                            I guessed you know me a little more in the meantime.
                            I mean, I am a monkey. What else can I say ?

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            Seven is Batman! That's new equipment for his batcave!
                            Yes, and something big is coming out of this cave very soon
                            I worked hard in my cave and was happy to have a good setup to make something new....
                            Stay tuned

Comment

Working...
                            X