Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting monster model replacements

Hello,

Reading a lot about monster model replacements for Quake I wanted to write some lines.

Now that we have Ruohis and Tea Monster back and very active, it wont take long and we will have some nice replacement monster models.
    Two thumbs up for them!

For those of you, who cannot wait until that and have a little experience with md2 models; you can use existing monster models which already have the necessary animations for Quake and look really nice.

Possible Quake monster replacements (in order of appearance):
    zombie, dog, fiend, knight, hellknight

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Ip5jmvPxY&feature=plcp]Quake alternative monster models - YouTube[/ame]

They are from the game:
    Eternal War: Shadows of Light by Two Guys Software
    This game is free since 2009 (67 MB).

The background of this game is not really nice though.
    A lot of things have been taken from Q2īs TC 'Dawn of Darkness'.
    Anyway, I thought I mention it because the quality of the models and animations are really good !
    Textures are not really High Res (around 256x256) but good.

The source code of this game has been released as well some time ago.

So, if you are a home constructor / tinker and have a little time this info is maybe interesting for you...

Best regards,
    Seven

Just watched the video and there are some good models and animations in there.

Thanks Seven!

Comment

nice. that dog is pretty cool, looks a lot better then that ugly fail-mapped model quake originally has.

those two knight looks cool-ish too

where could one aqcuire those models? cuz i especially like that dog and would like to have it for quake <3
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

You can get Eternal War here:
        Quake Terminus

Comment

seven, i noticed in your clip that you adjusted the hound model of that game to have the quake animations.
          cuz when i just tried to use it in my quake i noticed it doesnt have the animations needed, but the one in your clip does

could you please share that version which is usable in quake?
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

are these models originally from dawn of darkness for quake 2 ? Dawn of Darkness mod for Quake 2 - Mod DB
            I believe he used the models from dawn of darkness, but i am not sure (i didint play the mods more of ten minutes )
            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
              A lot of things have been taken from Q2īs TC 'Dawn of Darkness'.
              Yes exactly, they are copied from Dawn of Darkness.

@ splitterface,

I cannot upload the modifed dog model due to copyrights.
              I made it 100% compatible to Quake 1 animations.
              So you can use it right away in your game.
              Send me a PM if you are interested...

Seven.

Comment

Wow this is amazing video of this game. Truly it contains animated stuffs and action videos. I am loving it...
                click this link >>> http://www.prlog.org/12063250-wayfai...any-order.html

Comment

Working...
                X