Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• host test

nope its failsauce
    Last edited by bluntz; 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

...?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

haha, I tried going to the link anyway Bluntz. didnt work for me either
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It is on my box at http://quakeone.dyndns.org along with all my maps.I was just seeing if apache would stream an .avi without any setup.
        Last edited by bluntz; 12-12-2012, 03:45 AM.
        WARNING
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

It looses so much quality in the conversion at youtube I was hoping to serve it full res.
          Low Poly Flag
          WARNING
          Stress Relief Device
          ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

if you convert it to mp4 or flv. I could build you a player. I've actually pretty much already built it (and you could use it). It's simple - it has play, pause, volume, mute, unmute, seek & load progress, as well as a current time/duration display. I could add fullscreen and screenshot pretty easily. The player size is determined by the parent div that holds the player. It would be 100% the width and height of whatever box you put it in.

If I remember correctly, I built it 100% XML based so every single control can be customized/eliminated. Even down to the buffer size (in seconds).

Lemme know, I would have to do some tweaks, but I could have it for you in a day or so.

note: there is no swirly "loading" thing and when a video ends it does not currently switch the play icon to replay and reset the seek. However, these are trivial things that could be programmed in pretty easily.
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-11-2012, 09:41 PM.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

you know this community...trivial is 10000000% important
              Rambo[RuM]
              I support:
              Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
              Qrack - Thank You r00k
              Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                if you convert it to mp4 or flv. I could build you a player. I've actually pretty much already built it (and you could use it). It's simple - it has play, pause, volume, mute, unmute, seek & load progress, as well as a current time/duration display. I could add fullscreen and screenshot pretty easily. The player size is determined by the parent div that holds the player. It would be 100% the width and height of whatever box you put it in.

If I remember correctly, I built it 100% XML based so every single control can be customized/eliminated. Even down to the buffer size (in seconds).

Lemme know, I would have to do some tweaks, but I could have it for you in a day or so.

note: there is no swirly "loading" thing and when a video ends it does not currently switch the play icon to replay and reset the seek. However, these are trivial things that could be programmed in pretty easily.
                Sure I would be glad to try out your player,but my code skills are pitiful.
                WARNING
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

You won't need any code skills. I'll set it all up to where all you have to do is drop your video in the proper folder and change one line of XML.

Now, could I do all of this for you right this second? Yes, however I worked 60 hours this week for other people, I'm off today and I want to work on my Object parsing script. I will open the player project later tonight and tighten up the necessary things for you to run it without a database.

Think 2 AM central tomorrow morning and we will be on the same page.

One thing to consider. My player and the youTube player use an IDENTICAL method for displaying the video (I know this because flash has a native Video display object and we are both using it) So, all this allows you is control over how the video is converted and to what level of definition it is converted to.

You will also not be able to embed my player in forums because no forum is aware that my player exists or where it resides, so conclusively there has never been a bbcode written for my player. In contrast I have not written an oEmbed script either so you can't even force an embed - much like the youTube player appears here without a bbcode.

The point:

If you need a standard player that will allow you to display your video at your converted resolution on YOUR site - then I have something for you.

If you need the above plus the ability to embed the player in forums, my player is not your solution.

You have hours and hours to stop me from wasting my time.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

This is how I am thinking of setting it up for you. Tell me if this is satisfactory.

1) you put all of your videos in a folder named video (lol)
                    2) You have one main player page that is essentially empty. It will have the player on it but further action will need to be taken to inject an actual video
                    3) lets say you have a video named "my%20Birthday.flv" you woulld post this link "http://www.you.com/vid/my%20Birthday"
                    4) due to modRewrites in an .htaccess and some PHP $_GET the player will be able to parse out the proper URL, grab the vid, buffer it, play it.

If you notice I said that the videos would be in "Video", but the link says "vid". It's all an illusion, only you will ever know where your videos are. Technically your videos could be in a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h/i/videos and you will still only use domain/vid/movieName. If I'm feelin frisky maybe I will even make "vid" customizable in xml. ex domain/bluntz/movieName.

By doing it this way, instead of having one player for one movie, you would actually have a ghetto youTube to work with, allowing you to upload all the movies you want and distribute them via custom links. It will also protect your content from download whil still allowing people to access it.

I've already done 95% of the work.

----

Actually, this player project is what led to my current Object project. I stated in an earlier post that the video player is 100% customizable via XML. I mean that in ways much deeper than they sound. Every property of every element is described in xml (color, size, image, multi-layered images, etc, everything). What I'm giving you to use is not an flv player. It is an xml engine that has a proper xml config file included to turn it into a player. It has the power to be a whole hell of a lot of things.

My Object project just takes this to a new level by eliminating xml and creating my own Object language to read instead. Ya see? Technically when I get a qualified object out of my string, I could rewrite this player in JSON and it would work out the box without changing the xml way at all, because XML is already an Object.

Pretty cool right? Imagine just using keywords and properties in an Object language to create banners, slideshows, video/audio players, drawing canvases, more, more, more. Well, you don't have to imagine it, cause I've built a proof of concept that is practically a BETA.

Essentially, I'm just building my own browser and browser language. I intend for my language to provide 100% customizable complex elements with babytalk. I can't wait til I develop this into a 3D something.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Stop, your making me dizzy!
                      Sounds like you can do whatever you want with it,like composited layered type feeds,targeted at customizable audiences.
                      I dont have a ton of bandwidth for this and yea what I had intended was just to post a small video clip on the forum.Apache2 mysql and php are all installed and mp4's will stream.Pm me and I will give you the details to access it and rig it however you need.
                      Thanks Michael.
                      WARNING
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

I will definitely get it together before the end of my night (which is really long). I'm still trying to figure out a good recursion technique for actually assigning values to and within objects. It's proving more tedious than I expected. There are simply no shortcuts. If you don't check/compare every possibility, something is going to break. My code is becoming heavily populated with switch/case statements. I don't like that, can't figure out a more blanket way around it though.

Comment

Take your time no rush
                          WARNING
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

use MKV (or convert your file whatever format to mkv.....It will retain all the goodies and be ready almost instantly) gg
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                            X