Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bethesda E3 - Doom, Dishonored & Fallout4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played all the Fallout games and loved what they showed of Fallout 4! Its a must buy for me. I play through a game at least once without mods. The decisions you make in Fallout always make your replay different most times as previous games in the series. I don't need user mods to play a game, but do like them to keep playing a game as long I have Skyrim and Fallout NV since release.

Doom on the other hand looked "ok", but graphics alone don't make a game ever. The Hell zone looked really great to me with great atmosphere. I did notice in what they showed of Doom it looked very slow and there where too few monsters at once. I'll eventually get this Doom, but don't see myself stop my casual playing of the original games on the modified doom engines.

Comment

nice discussion here, hehe.
      So i throw my 20īs in the ring:

It is no longer the 90īs. ID is no longer ID.
      The company must make money. Money rules the world.
      The game looks exactly like it must be to satisfy the cool kids out there in 2015.
      Not more and not less.
      It has dismemberment, because the cool kids like it.
      It has lots of gore because they love it.
      The graphics are standard of other new games nowadays, so no suprise here.
      The monster look like recycled ones of Doom3, because they must save development money.
      Monsters lose ammo and health, beause the cool kids dont want to run around and search for pickups.
      Time slows down when changing guns, hehe. Yes it should feel like other nextgen titles.

Doom4 is just like it should be to sell it. Robust material for a big amount of customers.

Is that bad ? No.
      It is 2015 and ID is another company.
      So we should not expect something like the original game back in the days. It will not happen.

I like the reactions of the crowd when the player made his death moves on the monsters... lol. That is what people want to see in 2015 and not a smart gameplay or extraordinary *something*.

That is Doom4 and similar will be (if it ever happens) a Quake 5. You will be able to cut of the shambler balls and stick them right into his mouth. And people will LOVE it and scream...

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
        Controller has nothing to do with it. Doom was played with a keyboard and was still fast and fluid. He wasn't running much because "muh cinematic experience" bullshit, but when he did, it was still very slow.

https://youtu.be/jLdO9mZ-RpY
        It looked pretty fast to me when he did run, just because you can't ran faster than a rocket doesn't mean it suddenly isn't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          You will be able to cut of the shambler balls and stick them right into his mouth. And people will LOVE it and scream...
          an idea for a new SMC feature popped into my head...
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I think games like DOOM 4 are a bit too 'haunted house' type of feeling - like those oldschool arcade games - just now with flashy graphics and some gimmicks (like grabbing the dead guy's arm to open the door). It looks very rinse/repeat/linear. Most games today have expanded to open world and offer a lot more variety, and I think it suffers from stagnation of the 'same old'. I was hoping to see more variety, games like Destiny are fare more expansive and offer the same 'shoot em up' but the PVP aspect is far more fun and there is an open world feeling to it + the inherent co-op (+ many different game modes).

Comment

Coming in 2020...

Doom 5
              -All your time based attack dreams will come true.

-Tired of dying? We've eliminated death by using Fable 2's punishment system. NO PUNISHMENT WHAT SO EVER!

-Need someone to wipe your ass while you suck on the future generation graphically superior lollipop that is Doom 5? We include a full roll of 3ply DoomySoft TP with every purchase and a Swedish maid who only speaks one language... DOOOOM!

-Tired of barely having enough ammo to kill the next monster from Hell!? Hell monsters now explode in a fountain of overly excessive ammunition, health, powerups! FOR NO REASON!!!

-Tired of anything remotely hard like strafing oncoming enemy fire? overpowered 10 foot tall CyberDemons? Now they die in a single SSG shot executed in the first step of our new and amazing timed base attack system of AWESOMENESS!

-Tired of the horrifying thoughts and images that cross your mind when you hear the name Doom and or hear the tails of what freakishly hard game it used to be? Well.. We've renamed Doom 5 to "Happy fun PewPewPew time with Friends the game formally known as DOOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

-Want to play another Call of Duty clone (BUT WITH DEEEMOOONNNSS!!!) to continue feeding us money to continue running a business which we totally alienate the original fans who helped us get to where we are today!?

-Fuck you John Romero. AND. Fuck you John Carmack. We make DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM RIGHT!

-We swear Doom 5 won't be your typical new-aged played out style of first person shooting that has no originality.

-We promise Doom 5 will not only exceed your expectations but we'll also kill your whole family and burn your dog alive if you don't like DDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! !!

-We pledge to bring you the most intense time based turn-styled, top down, mobile experience when you install the latest and greatest game by ID Software.

-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000()()()()()()()()())/\/\/\/\MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! !!!
              I don't know... but the game really seems to be both interesting and non-interesting due to a few key things I seen...

1.While it seems they attempted to capture the feel of running through an off-world industrial mega factory/research facility (which they captured pretty good). The whole thing felt like a roller-coaster ride without any exciting turns or loops and slowed down for comfortability. Which makes me wonder if the whole game is going to be as blase as "walk over here... kill these baddies...Now walk over there... kill those baddies" type monotonous crap which Doom 3 almost suffered from (I was neither for Doom 3 or against).

2.The executions made the whole flow of the game to take a hit, I actually enjoyed watching the executions in Brutal Doom more then the ones in Doom 4. Hmmph...

3.The chainsaw looked like a waste of time while it looked like the shotgun would be effective throughout 90% of the demo.

4.It looked like they were covering up boring stuff by showing us a good chunk of what you can do in the new Doom game! "Don't have a keycard? Lets go on a item seek quest to find the key!"

5.I expected more from the game especially since it felt like if Doom 3 were to get a "Brutal Doom" mod. Which kind of pisses me off.

6. The game looks good sure... but graphics mean very little if you get bored with a game and don't play it anymore...

If they wanted to capture the original Doom feel they would do just that, no double jump, no weapon select wheel, no COD familiarities.

I understand their a business but a business is only a business if there are people willing to throw money at it and get their piece of candy back... It just kind of feels like we'll be getting the same old candy with a new and flashy wrapper this time.

Ultimately from watching the demo it felt like if Doom3,Titan Fall and Brutal Doom had an orgy and Doom 4 was the offspring asking "Are you my father?".

I really like what I seen but will that interest spread out nice and thick over the duration of the game or will I find myself avoiding enemies so I don't have to be reminded how horribly repetitive the game is?

It feels like they might have been to afraid to make it like COD in the sense that you won't have sub-missions that leads up to a bigger defined well executed mission and will probably stick with with the "lets just run around and casually kill things gameplay which either way could go horribly wrong... but at least with sub-missions there would possibly be more variation in the game play...

What I'm hoping now is ID Software doesn't make the true sequel to Quake because they fear it would end up exactly Doom3 (Doom 4 to *cough*) and be a linear crap fest all dolled up to look pretty but no where to go but blandville.

and honestly... I feel a true Quake 1 remake is so far out of ID Software's hands that it's something they could only F up horribly since their creative head and technical head (J.C & J.R) left and took the soul of ID Software with them.

It's a sad sad thing.
              Last edited by Phenom; 06-17-2015, 10:49 AM.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

It does not look bad. The screens looks better than Doom 3, however in action, the graphics, monsters and music reminds me more of Quake 2/4 than Doom. Still too sci-fi/Alien rather than macabre hellish.

Comment

Working...
                X